Round 19: 4 Hours of Spielberg

• Thread starter AJ
  • 52 comments
I loved it when the broadcasters commented that the DART Ox Box ( as in aerodynamically comparable to stonehenge) hadn't been seen much.

THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU.

As they say in baseball....modified for racing.

No hits
No Run offs in the kitty litter
No errors
and no limps home or DCs.

JUST WHAT WE PLANNED.

A special thank you to MOST of the LMP cars...the others know who they are...nuff said.

And to the LMP RACE......EPIC!

Oh...and thanks to the commentator for teaching us how to say....
Av a lerioun......nope
Alver ion... Nope
Av a ler ion...whew...how about PASM's guys.Easier.

Last edited:
aw if i wouldnt have been stupid DRR woulda got the win. I was by far the fastest driver in the last 2hrs

Had an immense amount of fun today, really want to thank AJ, Race Control, Comms team, and everyone who continues to help putting on these great events. Thanks to P3 guys for keeping it civil and the GT4 class for a tough race overall. Many many thanks as well to my teammates, @Schmiggz @Ph1sher & @Chocochocochip5 for the help & guidance leading up to today and through the race.

Wow what a day of racing! Lots of fun! I knew going into this race against the insane LMP3 lineup that consistency was my only hope. Starting off with a poor QP session for myself where I got off track a few times which costed me a lot so definitely lesson learned then I had 3 crashes but no damage though but ran consistent 26s-27s but that wasn't good enough as the leaders were running 25s. Kind of dissappointing on my part of driving hoping I could've done a little better. Great to see my teammate @Chocochocochip5 gain 1 position for 4th though.

As Team Manager for Turtle Racing League not only I was proud of our LMP3 team but as well as my GT4 team of @littleregret265 and @Schmiggz pulling in a GT4 win!! After a slow start for the Turtle Racing League GT4 team in the season, lately they have been tearing it up In the GT4 class and could have a chance climbing up the standings even more. But we will see what happens at Laguna!!

A huge thank you to all the Turtles who contributed with tunes and setups as that is our biggest weakness which is tuning.

See everyone at Laguna!! Should be a close finish as the Turtle LMP3 team will have to step it up even more since the LMP3 lineup will be full of aliens and the Turtle GT4 team will give it all they got in the end.

- Ph1sher : Manager of Turtle Racing League

I just finished watching the whole racing on youtube and i think i just experienced the biggest X-Files moment ever!
After 1 hour into my stint i pit and after getting back on track i checked with my team mates if i was still in first place. The answer was yes.
In the Youtube video, about 20 minutes after i left the pits, the comentators confirm that the Turtle KTM is leading with a minute gap to the Hiperyon BMW.
Suddenly, and absolutely out of the blue, with 25 minutes to go, the white BWM appears magically in first place although pitting twice for penalties, although I didn't pit again and specially.... He never passed me on the track.
I just called Agent Mulder to investigate this!
Anyways, it was a blast as usual. Good job all of you GTPlanet people, teams and drivers that make this possible.

I just finished watching the whole racing on youtube and i think i just experienced the biggest X-Files moment ever!
After 1 hour into my stint i pit and after getting back on track i checked with my team mates if i was still in first place. The answer was yes.
In the Youtube video, about 20 minutes after i left the pits, the comentators confirm that the Turtle KTM is leading with a minute gap to the Hiperyon BMW.
Suddenly, and absolutely out of the blue, with 25 minutes to go, the white BWM appears magically in first place although pitting twice for penalties, although I didn't pit again and specially.... He never passed me on the track.
Anyways, it was a blast as usual. Good job all of you GTPlanet people, teams and drivers that make this possible.
Check the stint analysis when it comes out....it will tell the tale. We thought that we had a similar moment at the Ring where 6 laps vanished.....in our case we cancelled the call to Sculley and Mulder as in our case a bunch of little silly offs added up to A LOT of time...oh and a DC.

It's great policy to have each driver check his laps against his pictures and then against the Stint Analysis when published......

No wait....I saw an Army Sky Crane with a White Bimmer slung under it pass you going down the straight....:lol:

And remember the commentators are not dealing with much more info than you were and what they say and what is really going on might be different....they have no spotters and or pit reporters...nor little faceless statisticians .

BTW the live stream was GREAT....:gtpflag:

Just before the driverchange, i passed littleregrets and went to pit before him. Look at time 2,05-1,55 hour left. And i belive MeisterFetz got out of the pits before you. So you ware behind him from the start of you'r stint.

Edit: from 2 hour 01,15 - 1,56,00

Last edited:
That's a possibility although i watched the whole first stint live on Youtube and it looked to me the whole time that LR was alone in second when the red Toyota disconnected while you guys were far behind fighting the black BMW but... GT6 is not the best for telemetry. We all know that.

That's a possibility although i watched the whole first stint live on Youtube and it looked to me the whole time that LR was alone in second when the red Toyota disconnected while you guys were far behind fighting the black BMW but... GT6 is not the best for telemetry. We all know that.
Stint photos will show what is what.

Right. The race results are out... Yet again things end badly for us. I seriously wonder why we still try when every single time we get close to a victory it's taken away from us.

I am not trying to be biased when I say: I believe we did not deserve a penalty for my overtake on the MWM car nor did we deserve one for track limits.

First of all, the collision was reviewed by my self and a few others and we all agreed that, while it was a bit aggressive, it was legal. There was VERY slight contact between myself and the MWM car and if anything it should have been a racing incident.

Secondly, how can you give a penalty when we don't even know we're being given warnings. Why is there no clear communication from Race control to the drivers? I knew we had 1 warning coming into the race but I saw no other warnings towards us during the race. We, the drivers, NEED TO KNOW when we're being slapped on the wrist. You can't expect us to think every time we make a mistake we're going to know we got a warning. Trust me, if I saw I had a warning I would have dialed it back.

I honestly don't feel like racing in an environment where the people around us are making the same mistakes as we are yet we are the ones getting punished.

Congratulations MWM, I hope you're happy...

Right. The race results are out... Yet again things end badly for us. I seriously wonder why we still try when every single time we get close to a victory it's taken away from us.

I am not trying to be biased when I say: I believe we did not deserve a penalty for my overtake on the MWM car nor did we deserve one for track limits.

First of all, the collision was reviewed by my self and a few others and we all agreed that, while it was a bit aggressive, it was legal. There was VERY slight contact between myself and the MWM car and if anything it should have been a racing incident.

Secondly, how can you give a penalty when we don't even know we're being given warnings. Why is there no clear communication from Race control to the drivers? I knew we had 1 warning coming into the race but I saw no other warnings towards us during the race. We, the drivers, NEED TO KNOW when we're being slapped on the wrist. You can't expect us to think every time we make a mistake we're going to know we got a warning. Trust me, if I saw I had a warning I would have dialed it back.

I honestly don't feel like racing in an environment where the people around us are making the same mistakes as we are yet we are the ones getting punished.

Congratulations MWM, I hope you're happy...

I believe they are very happy :) less work for me at laguna :lol:

I believe you can look in the mirror for that. To get these penalties is frustrating, and puts a damper on the good performance you and your team put in, there's no way around that. Although, I am thoroughly disappointed in your defensive driving, not leaving enough side room when overlap has been established. I recommend you read the
GTPlanet OnLine Racing (OLR) Rules & Guidelines.

Secondly, how can you give a penalty when we don't even know we're being given warnings. Why is there no clear communication from Race control to the drivers? I knew we had 1 warning coming into the race but I saw no other warnings towards us during the race. We, the drivers, NEED TO KNOW when we're being slapped on the wrist.

Penalties and Warnings incurred in the closing stages of a race are dealt with post race, as Race Control is focused on bringing the race to a controlled and orderly end and all that involves.

You can't expect us to think every time we make a mistake we're going to know we got a warning.

If track limits are exceeded due to a mistake, either because they are out of control, or have acknowledged the infringement by lifting after re-joining, then they are not penalised.

In this instance, exceeding the track limits was clearly your planned line and you kept your foot flat on the throttle.

Trust me, if I saw I had a warning I would have dialed it back.

What your saying is, because you didn't think we had seen you exceed before, it was ok to continue.

You, and this is addressed to everyone, know that we cannot be watching everyone all the time, and therefore you are expected to behave, and when you don't, the penalty is overly harsh as you taking advantage of our technical limitations.

To those who have expressed upset that every instance of track limits is not being punished;

1 - as I have said, we can't physically catch everyone all the time.
2 - we have the telemetry, so we have a clearer picture of what was happening at the time.
3 - we try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, and if it is a minor transgression where we do not feel that a lasting advantage has been gained, may just take a note rather than issue a warning.

I would like to confirm that whilst useful, that document is not adopted by this Series. The Sporting & Technical Regulations are the only rule set enforced. Please refer to Section 3.1 for Discipline & Driver Standards requirements.

Yeah schmiggz, i noticed watching the live steam that suddenly they updated the standings to show the bmw ahead of us. I didnt understand why as i knew we had a nice lead due to pit strategy in the xbow. It may have just been an error during the live stream, but it meant the announcers kept claiming you were 2nd, which i dont think was ever the case. The announcers really didnt understand the gt4 class has differing strategies and they were focussed on fast laps, not the fact that 3 total pit stops by the team made up for the xbow's slower pace. I'm hoping the stint pics show what i believe to be a 3/4 lap victory at the end. But i may have missed something, since so much of the live was focussed on that awesome lmp3 battle.

Wow, what a race in lmp3!!! Kept me glued to my youtube feed. You guys rock.

Edit: looking at the provisional stint analysis, i now realize i missed some things. I was pretty sure the white beemer (hyperion?) pitted much earlier that those sheets show? I thought they pitted the same time as the gt86 leader at the beginning; Only 3 stops? Very odd...
Those long stints would explain why we thought we were ahead anyway. If they never pitted, then we never jumped ahead them. Interesting.

Last edited:
Well, well, well... Results are pretty clear that @littleregret265 and myself took the higher spot in the podium for the GT4 class with our beautiful Le Mans Green KTM XBOW number 79 of the amazing Turtle GTPES Team.

tusc-indianapolis-2014-race-winners-joao-barbosa-and-christian-fittipaldi.jpg

All of this would be impossible without people like @Ph1sher @micantony @dangerzone641 @GTRacer22 and the whole Turtle league community with they're endless support.

Attachments

• tusc-indianapolis-2014-race-winners-joao-barbosa-and-christian-fittipaldi.jpg
    tusc-indianapolis-2014-race-winners-joao-barbosa-and-christian-fittipaldi.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
I can only look at the result as a massive missed opportunity for myself and @warrior2167.

We rolled the dice with an aggressive strategy which saw Warrior pitting more often, as both of us struggled for speed and consistency on a heavy fuel load. In the end we simply didn't have the speed in the car, big props go to the others for their incredible speed and setup.

With Warrior still somehow within touching distance of the leaders with 90mins to go, I was upbeat, as I felt I could catch the pack if they started battling. Unfortunately the driver change was a disaster as it took an eternity to enter the lobby and we lost at least two laps. Therin lies the advantage of a local or mixed team. The risk of that happening is removed.

So with the race seemingly gone, I decided to push like hell, but suddenly the curse of the N24 disaster had returned, at the
worst possible time. With DSC after DSC, I had no choice but to take a force majure and send Warrior back in, even though it would mean he would exceed driving time.

So far for my team that's 4 races and 4 big opportunities to take the win, but we've come up short due to some pretty cruel luck. But on this occasion I brought it on myself. I've decided to fall on my sword and let my other, more superior drivers take the lead of driving while my network remains unreliable. This is upsetting as these events are always a highlight of the month but for the teams chances to take wins there was no alternative.

Big congrats to MWM on the victory, and to @PASM and the Avalerion team on a stunning debut performance. Fantastic work once again to the TRL GT4 team on another victory.

Cheers, Jono.

I'm getting super pumped for the final round, because I know that you guys in the GT4 class are not going to make it easy to take one of those 5 spots on the grid. Plus, this will be my first time running in a race with 3 classes. And I know Laguna Seca fairly well, but it's hard not to if you've been playing the game long enough. The championship is still up for grabs heading into the final round, and I'm certainly gunning for it. Thanks again to everyone for a very fun and intense race.

We are happy.

We entered this class aiming for 3rd or better as it was our first entry into the global GT racing world as a team. We're very proud of the season as we've been able to fight with some of the best GT drivers in the world and held our own. Going into the last race just needing to classify to win the championship is something we never thought would happen.

As for the Spielberg 4H, it was my most nervous and stressful as a TM to date. The driver change didn't happen when planned, but the on track battles were great. tanky1's fuel save in the last hour was insane and seemed almost impossible, but he was the guy in our team who could pull it off and did us proud.

Congratulations goes to TRL_EVOLUTION for the fastest laps in qualifying and the race.

Congratulations as well to PASM and Bambi for putting in such a strong run on 3 days notice, showing once again that they're not to be taken lightly.

Well done to Rooz for putting in good performances and fast lap times, unfortunately put out of the running by DC's. It was great to see you on track in the bright yellow LM55.

Well done as well to TRL for the 2nd half of the race where they were on pace with us, giving us a challenge straight away from the first round and being our main rivals for most of the season.

Gentleman, it is a pleasure to race against you in such a competitive environment to push our abilities further for great racing.

A big thank you also has to go to StigsTC for using his last race to get us the Team title, giving up his chance of the Driver's title. That's dedication.

We also have to thank AJ for being the organiser, the stewards and the comms team for providing these vital roles, otherwise we wouldn't have a championship to race in in the first place.

A massive thank you has to go to the rest of my team, the drivers and everyone else who has supported us in one way or another. We couldn't have done it without you which really shows how much teamwork makes a difference, with it being very apparent as the TM.

We did what we didn't expect to do and I'm extremely proud of Team Midweek Motorsport Racers Collective family for this achievement.

ajh_1990

The following have been updated;

RACE RESULTS

- Race Control Notices

- Provisional Classification
- Stint Analysis by Team

NOTES

Following a post race protest by the #72, two incidents involving LM P3 cars lapping them have been investigated and penalised.

- #14 & #72 at c3h47m remaining.
- #13 & #72 at c3h36m remaining.

Can you please explain why?

The Series has it's own set of bespoke and detailed regulations. Having reviewed that post, the relevant points are covered in Section 3.1.

Back