A Test Drive Unlimited Sequel is On Its Way From WRC Developer Kylotonn

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,100 comments
Nothing from what I’ve seen so far, clips and all, has convinced me that Nacon will support this game beyond a couple of years at the most. That quote from the Belgium article claiming a decade’s worth of support a la GTAO is ridiculous.

Seriusly this game is going to be PvP only?

Welp… If driving physics, map and activities are good enough I still consider buying it. I like the atmosphere of this game, and not another „festival racing”

I haven't done much research about this game because I'm going to want for a big discount before I consider buying (or whatever the term is if the game will eventually become unplayable) it, but I have played The Crew 2 some without Playstation + and while it always requires an online connection, the ps+ is only needed to race other players. Other players still show in free roam, on leaderboards and the AI can still be raced against.
Maybe TDSC will go this route because I would assume if a subscription service is needed to play it whatsoever it would absolutely kill the sales and reception of the game. If the developers really want to keep the game alive for ten years, killing a big chunk of the possible player base before it even releases is frankly stupid.

Nothing from what I’ve seen so far, clips and all, has convinced me that Nacon will support this game beyond a couple of years at the most. That quote from the Belgium article claiming a decade’s worth of support a la GTAO is ridiculous.
Let's be honest. This game has a definite expiration date, and that date is whenever Forza Horizon 6 is officially announced.

Let's be honest. This game has a definite expiration date, and that date is whenever Forza Horizon 6 is officially announced.
Emmm no? I like Forza Horizon don’t get me wrong but first of all, not everyone likes festive atmosphere of Horizon and secondly if FH6 isn’t going to be multiplatform release (PS5 included) the TDU still has a great chance.

As an XBox user this no cross play news worries me about PvP. The Crew has a pretty small player count on XB compared to PS and PC. Now Motorfest is cross play and getting in a PvP event is as fast as you would expect. But Crew 2 is not and it was always a pain getting any PvP race to start. After 3 years PvP was dead. In the past 2 years I never managed to start a single PvP race. And I tried a lot since completing PvP events are necessary for Hobbies.
And I'm hearing a lot of YouTubers defending a rumor that you need 200 hours to unlock/buy a hypercar. I work 200 hours a month for a salary. How is doing a second job for a virtual car a good thing?

Last edited:
I haven't done much research about this game because I'm going to want for a big discount before I consider buying (or whatever the term is if the game will eventually become unplayable) it, but I have played The Crew 2 some without Playstation + and while it always requires an online connection, the ps+ is only needed to race other players. Other players still show in free roam, on leaderboards and the AI can still be raced against.
Unless I’m completely misunderstanding the previews it says the races are all vs other players - the only AI opponents are to fill in unused spots in those - so they would require PS Plus. The only solo activities seem to be exploration/finding collectable parts, etc.

Emmm no? I like Forza Horizon don’t get me wrong but first of all, not everyone likes festive atmosphere of Horizon and secondly if FH6 isn’t going to be multiplatform release (PS5 included) the TDU still has a great chance.
TDU has no chance, not just against Forza but The Crew as well. The festival atmosphere isn't for everyone but I think everyone would rather take that than PVP online only. Horizon is a system seller.

Hang on so to play it on playstation you need a ps plus subscription?
Probably not, because the game has a system that fills the free spaces with AIs on every race, perhaps with that they can make it so that PS+ or Xbox Gold is not necessary to play the game and it could be played completely alone as if it were like a Crew game.

The problem is that if this is the case, those like me that are from PC are a bit screwed because we wouldn't have that alternative to play alone.

Xbox sales figures would suggest otherwise :lol:
He still has a point. I bought a XBone only for Horizon 3. After 4 years without touching any game. Same with Gran Turismo. Players are willing to buy an Xbox or PlayStation just for those games. I would probably never buy a console for any other racing game. Ok, maybe PGR.

There is a lot of informtation crusing around internet about Xbox going full multiplatform. Next Horizon on PS5 isn't totally unrealistic, lets wait untill everything clears out.
Which would be the death knell for TDU. If it ever gets going.

Latest Posts

Back