amateur photo thread.

• Thread starter Conbon14
  • 1,865 comments
That must be one hell of a sight (and feeling) as well.
I have a clip on my phone of a particularly great entry into that corner, but I don't seem able to share it here. :rolleyes: The sound of anti-lag is always immensely satisfying, but especially when the cars are so close and throwing the occasional rock at you as well!
Another spot I really like shooting at has got to be Eau Rouge. Tried takling pics there for the first time this year and was not disappointed. Catching the cars climbing up that hill, especially in the dry when they're giving it all is awesome. A shot of the car throwing sparks is a nice bonus.
I need to get myself to Spa (preferably for a GT event): I need to see Eau Rouge for myself!

I have a clip on my phone of a particularly great entry into that corner, but I don't seem able to share it here. :rolleyes: The sound of anti-lag is always immensely satisfying, but especially when the cars are so close and throwing the occasional rock at you as well!
Reading all that really hypes me up for when I'll (probably, accreditation is still pending) be at Raceway Venray in June for the NASCAR Whelen Euro Series. Can't wait to stand right next to the wall at an oval track when the pack blasts past me. Already did it as a spectator, it was awesome.

I need to get myself to Spa (preferably for a GT event): I need to see Eau Rouge for myself!
All I can tell you is that won't be disappointed. Whether you're there as a photographer or spectator, Spa is always worth a trip. Should you ever plan to apply for media accreditation, I suggest you consider the Creventic 24H Series (12H Spa-Francorchamps) and the International GT Open, where I will be this Sunday. If you just wanna watch some racing there, go and see the WEC race there. Proper good racing with reasonable ticket prices for such a big series. Though, tickets for the 12 hour race (that's split over two days) are almost dirt cheap compared to the amount of racing you get to watch on site.

4kdP8Kf.jpg

8prJCau.jpg

XEnlYhl.jpg

rNrySfL.jpg

9K02ZZN.jpg

Finally managed to get out and see this in person, snapped this while moving under the northern approach ramp to the Francis Scott Key Bridge.

I was shooting for perfectly centered, but this sort of conveys that uneasy "this is wrong" feeling I got seeing such a significant landmark just...gone.
1000002616.jpg

Attachments

• 1000002616.jpg
    1000002616.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 2
Finally managed to get out and see this in person, snapped this while moving under the northern approach ramp to the Francis Scott Key Bridge.

I was shooting for perfectly centered, but this sort of conveys that uneasy "this is wrong" feeling I got seeing such a significant landmark just...gone.View attachment 1358667
Thank you for this. That is an amazing shot!

This is a true tragedy on many levels. But it will be replaced, and that will be amazing as well.

Back