Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,862 comments
Dude, why search for bad pizello mod when there is a perfect autopolis already on overtake.
Because PieZello's is a direct rip of the PCARS 2 version. Whether you consider it more or less accurate is up to you, but the mesh for PieZello's Autopolis was done by Slightly Mad themselves.

It is a good conversion worth having, with good visuals and quality AI - and it doesn't have the ludicrous amount of 3D trees Mike08's version does.

Imola 2024 beta version

rj_imola_2024

This is a standalone version of Fenryr's Imola 2024 track. It will come up as Imola Circuit 2024 in your track list. It was a request from a member that i'm working on while I recover. It is unfinished, but far enough along that I think some people might still get some use out of it. Basically all I did was restore the tree textures from the original Kunos version of Imola, changed the grass texture setup and improved the ai a bit. There's also a bunch of smaller changes in there that you may notice. I wouldn't suggest driving the track at night yet because i'm not a night light expert and they don't seem to work right. For some reason they are turned off until your car gets close to an area with lights and then they just turn on out of nowhere. Not sure what I did wrong.

There are three grass track skins you can use if you want. One will make all of the grass more saturated. This can be used in combination with the other two. The other two will make the outer grass areas either greener or more burnt out looking.

imola2024.jpg

Last edited:
X90
(PieZello's Autopolis) ... doesn't have the ludicrous amount of 3D trees Mike08's version does.
When someone mentions in the forum a track (or car) that I haven't visited in a while, I like to do a couple of laps to refresh it and I didn't remember that Autopolis 2009 by Zwiss and Mike08 had 3D trees (in fact, I don't think I realized it when I installed it), which I routinely criticize fiercely, since that its implementation usually involves a significant drop in fps, a strange behavior appearing and disappearing suddenly, unusual color changes, etc, etc...

Well, the surprise is that when driving on this track again, almost no of those problems have been reproduced; apart from some cases of lighting not very integrated with the rest of the landscape, the general impression is quite good... Here it does seem that they have made good use of 3D trees with hardly any counterparts, or at least, that is my experience .

Last edited:
Imola 2024 beta version

rj_imola_2024

This is a standalone version of Fenryr's Imola 2024 track. It will come up as Imola Circuit 2024 in your track list. It was a request from a member that i'm working on while I recover. It is unfinished, but far enough along that I think some people might still get some use out of it. Basically all I did was restore the tree textures from the original Kunos version of Imola and changed the grass texture setup. There's also a bunch of smaller changes in there that you may notice. I wouldn't suggest driving the track at night yet because i'm not a night light expert and they don't seem to work right. For some reason they are turned off until your car gets close to an area with lights and then they just turn on out of nowhere. Not sure what I did wrong.

There are three grass track skins you can use if you want. One will make all of the grass more saturated. This can be used in combination with the other two. The other two will make the outer grass areas either greener or more burnt out looking.

View attachment 1355996
Sounds like the lights are "popping in" rather than turning on out of nowhere. I see this all the time.

I'm interested in seeing if there's a solution for this too - a ton of tracks have this problem for me, including Fenryr's Bahrain and sx_lemans. I never got a concrete answer the last time I asked many months ago - there's a "distance" or "fade" value in ext_config.ini that I was pointed to that ultimately had little effect.

X90
Sounds like the lights are "popping in" rather than turning on out of nowhere. I see this all the time.

I'm interested in seeing if there's a solution for this too - a ton of tracks have this problem for me, including Fenryr's Bahrain and sx_lemans. I never got a concrete answer the last time I asked many months ago - there's a "distance" or "fade" value in ext_config.ini that I was pointed to that ultimately had little effect.
The strange thing is that not all the lights do it. It's only a handful of them. I thought maybe it was a LOD_OUT issue and the object assigned a light was not rendering until you got closer to it, thus the light wasn't rendering. After changing some LOD_OUT values, it didn't make a difference so i'm back to not knowing what is the cause.

The strange thing is that not all the lights do it. It's only a handful of them. I thought maybe it was a LOD_OUT issue and the object assigned a light was not rendering until you got closer to it, thus the light wasn't rendering. After changing some LOD_OUT values, it didn't make a difference so i'm back to not knowing what is the cause.
I think it is a CSP issue.
I tried to investigate the issue notably on bahrain_2020 track because it is a track where the light pop-in effect is highly visible onsome grandstands.
The weird thing I found is that it only "pops in" on interior cameras. If you set camera to F5, lights are OK
Also if I remember wel, the issue doesn't occur on CSP 0.1.79 and 0.1.80 first releases

darn, I did a stupid thing and updated CSP (in order to be able to run the new IER P13b) and also Meta software (to v65)
at the same time (without trying AC in between) :banghead:

Now my AC is no longer rendering in Oculus mode...
Also I see a window from SteamVR saying a component of SteamVR is not functioning correctly.
Before I believe it didn't use SteamVR (rather Oculus Dash)...

So now I don't know is it the new Oculus update, the CSP update or SteamVR that is at fault...

Anyone same issue w Quest Link and was able to fix? Thanks in advance!

Does it work again with the older CSP version?
no, it seems an issue with SteamVR... I can't start steamVR itself...
But I'm quite sure before the Oculus Rift rendering mode didn't involve SteamVR (it always loaded Oculus )

So it's probably a Meta issue , or a SteamVR issue (or both) and not a CSP issue.

darn, I did a stupid thing and updated CSP (in order to be able to run the new IER P13b) and also Meta software (to v65)
at the same time (without trying AC in between) :banghead:

Now my AC is no longer rendering in Oculus mode...
Also I see a window from SteamVR saying a component of SteamVR is not functioning correctly.
Before I believe it didn't use SteamVR (rather Oculus Dash)...

So now I don't know is it the new Oculus update, the CSP update or SteamVR that is at fault...

Anyone same issue w Quest Link and was able to fix? Thanks in advance!
This is why I shouldn't update and I did. Haven't tried it yet so I'm nervous.

I was mostly impressed with the number of skins that car has, like everything from 1997-2002, so watching your work with TVR made me think that maybe the model could be improved around the edges (headlights, rearlights, exhaust, interior details...), so it's still usable in AC... or maybe just RSS to make one for GT pack ;)
Anyway, also looking forward to your interesting projects, that Matech Ford was my go-to car in Shift 2
The GT1 is in excellent hands, as soon as it is completed it will be published without hesitation :cheers:

I don't agree on the laptimes argument. Rememenber we're driving a digital car in a simulator which allows us to push the car way more without any consequences. If you push too hard the most it could happen is that you crash the pixel car and all you need to do is reset and presto. A lot of people dedicate hours upon hours drvinig these digital cars which of course translate into insane laptimes even beating real life records. So the laptimes argument could go either way. A sim driver will by no means push the car in real life the same way he pushes it in the sim; therefore he will be much slower in real life, alternately a real life driver may suck at sim racing and be crushed by someone who has put a lot of hours behind the cockpit.
Exactly right. I've often thought about this, but no one else has ever vocalized it. Without the danger -- the visceral factor -- and with the opportunity for unlimited practice, we can push way beyond the real-life limits. To me, it's silly to try to compare sim lap times with real-life lap times. They're two very different activities. It's apples and oranges.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back