Chery. They’re bAAAaaaaAAck…

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 5 comments
Australia
Australia
A9397367-CD32-4E15-88F6-C95F275090D1.jpeg

The Wuhu-based brand will launch initially with its new Omoda 5 crossover, a model it describes as being equipped with an “innovative dual motor drive” and “direct hybrid transmission” that is operable in nine high-efficiency modes.

According to Chery, the Omoda 5’s transmission offers “11 gear combinations” while the vehicle’s control system is able to “calculate in real time the most suitable working gear”.

Chery Automobile’s compact SUV features the brand’s Art in Motion design language and is available in selected markets with a choice of (115kW/230Nm) 1.5-litre and (146kW/290Nm) 1.6-litre turbocharged petrol and 48-volt electric hybrid drivelines.

Electric motors available to Chery offer outputs of 55kW/160Nm and 70kW/155Nm.

The brand’s local press release was unclear on which petrol unit will accompany the dual electric motor and direct hybrid transmission combination locally.

It also remains unclear as to whom will distribute the Chery Automobile brand Down Under. The brand was previously managed by the Ateco Group in the four years to 2015. However, it is understood that Chery Automobile will return as its own entity, importing vehicles to Australia directly.

I remember this brand being sold at Kia dealerships. They had a J3 or J5 Rav4/Vitara knock-off.
1653982703443.jpeg

It was probably assembled by J5 from Blankman:
1653982623440.jpeg

People bought them before. I’m sure they’ll buy them again.

They really looked at the Hyundai Failson and the Nissan Puke and thought, "What if these mated?"

Please tell me all these Chinese cars don't sell very well in Australia.
The first Chery... bombed... :ouch:

They only sold becuas eth eprice was dirt cheap. Plus, the quality was total crap. Great Wall(now GWM) was dirt cheap as well, but their initial ute was based on the Holden/Chevy Colorado back in 2010. Main problem with those were no diesel option. Today, GWM are much better quality.

WE'll see how this new series of Chery cars go.
DK
They really looked at the Hyundai Failson and the Nissan Puke and thought, "What if these mated?"
Just waiting to see how many I'll spot when it's released.

The Omoda 7 will rank size-wise alongside competitors such as the Honda CR-V and Toyota RAV4, though likely at a far lower price point.
GoAuto understands the Omoda 7 will offer the choice of plug-in hybrid (initially) and petrol power, launching with a 1.5-litre four-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine with electric assistance.

All-electric range is quoted at 95km with combined petrol and electric power returning 4.9 litres per 100km. All told, the driving range will come close to 1200km.

The petrol engine is expected to be the 1.6-litre four-cylinder turbocharged unit lifted from the Jaecoo J7.

It is further understood that there are no plans for an all-electric (BEV) version of the Chery Omoda 7.

Latest Posts

Back