Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 17,687 comments
He took the Brown out of the updates when he left now they put out banger after banger.

One element people tend to forget is during those mediocre updates, the team are also presumably developing DLC(s) during that time.

The only way to find out if the "brown" effect is real is to wait for the next game.

One element people tend to forget is during those mediocre updates, the team are also presumably developing DLC(s) during that time.

The only way to find out if the "brown" effect is real is to wait for the next game.
But the DLCs are pretty meh as well.

But the DLCs are pretty meh as well.
I wish I could say otherwise since I bought the top end version of FH5, but since I have no nostalgia goggles on regarding Forza and Hot Wheels, I was and still remain very unimpressed with the Hot Wheels dlc and its patched-together/forced feeling physics and ridiculous atmosphere, and though I enjoyed it the rally dlc felt really small with little reason to ever go back after you've run through it once.

Personally I thought the rally expansion was well done, as a proof of concept that FH6 could get some roads like that in the main game. A few of the routes were really fun, especially in B class cars (higher than that causes the bumps to become silly).

By the way, this new week's eventlab by Joh Cee (Dubai Oldtown) was really interesting. I had no idea such props even existed in the game. I also like the way he looped the track around. Cool concept.

My favorite parts of rally expansion were easily the more technical roads it offers, and the more fun elevation changes. Still nowhere near the kind of elevation diversity I want out of a horizon map, but for a proof of concept I quite like the direction.
Yeah, best part of the expansion imo. The helicopter is just stupid though.

------

This week I've been running through the playlist for the first time in a few months (I'm a sucker for the "retro supercar" cars), and The Trial was a complete train wreck. First race I finished third behind two AI. Second race, missed a checkpoint trying to avoid a teammate who was all over the road, then missed another on the next lap, but still worked my way up to the middle of the pack by the end. Third race...managed to avoid my self destructive teammates and got fourth, though the two in front of me were trying desperately to run each other off the road, and my car didn't have the acceleration to make it past them during the brief opportunities their demolition derby provided. Still, we won.

The other drivers were slamming each other around or flying around corners and slamming into the walls all three races, and I got knocked into other cars or walls a few times because of it. Probably one of my least pleasant experiences in The Trial so far.

Yeah, best part of the expansion imo. The helicopter is just stupid though.

------

This week I've been running through the playlist for the first time in a few months (I'm a sucker for the "retro supercar" cars), and The Trial was a complete train wreck. First race I finished third behind two AI. Second race, missed a checkpoint trying to avoid a teammate who was all over the road, then missed another on the next lap, but still worked my way up to the middle of the pack by the end. Third race...managed to avoid my self destructive teammates and got fourth, though the two in front of me were trying desperately to run each other off the road, and my car didn't have the acceleration to make it past them during the brief opportunities their demolition derby provided. Still, we won.

The other drivers were slamming each other around or flying around corners and slamming into the walls all three races, and I got knocked into other cars or walls a few times because of it. Probably one of my least pleasant experiences in The Trial so far.
It's so sad how The Trial is played each week by so many. It's a wonderful chance for people to come together, work together and achieve a goal together. Unfortunately us humans are a bizarre species to put it lightly.

It's so sad how The Trial is played each week by so many. It's a wonderful chance for people to come together, work together and achieve a goal together. Unfortunately us humans are a bizarre species to put it lightly.

Yeah, tried The Trial last night and it was a complete farce. No semblance of teamwork whatsoever. Your so-called 'teammates' just ram you off the road at every opportunity. On the third race, I gave up and quit in exasperation when I could see that it was a hopeless cause. Needless to say, there were plenty of profanities spewing from my mouth, all aimed at the human (or should I perhaps say subhuman) dregs.

1000009238.png

Last edited:
Yeah, tried The Trial last night and it was a complete farce. No semblance of teamwork whatsoever. Your so-called 'teammates' just ram you off the road at every opportunity. On the third race, I gave up and quit in exasperation when I could see that it was a hopeless cause. Needless to say, there were plenty of profanities spewing from my mouth, all aimed at the human (or should I perhaps say subhuman) dregs.
For me personally, it only took 50% of the first race to see what kind of teammates I have, if things look ugly I quit instantly and retry for another round.

Or... get some cheap and painless 10 points from the Rally expansion/Lego expansions... :rolleyes:
Mate you're a 100% right, but I've been fully completing each series for ages now. So even though I do complain about the idiots in The Trial I am my own worst enemy by doing it each week.

I actually won the trial at the first attempt, despite stupidity…

In the second race a guy was messing around and a full lap down. I was in the lead and had to pass him before the last checkpoint. Yup, he rammed me suddenly so I missed it and finished 7th :)

That was probably a new low for me, especially since that guy was clearly doing it on purpose and actually drove better in the final race to earn points.

Well, we're potentially experiencing the "Brown" effect in Forza Motorsport as of now, for majority of its updates though, unless a coincidence occurrs.

About the next update, I'll drop my speculations. Most likely a lot of Forza Motorsport returnees.

Potential Playlist:
  • 2020 BMW M2 Competition
  • 2022 McMurtry Spierling
  • 2017 Aston Martin Vanquish Zagato
  • 2019 Ginetta G40 Juinor
  • 2021 Lamborghini Sian FKP 37 Coupe

About the "highly requested car", this will be a large challenge to predict, since Playground may not only consider the Forums Suggestion Hub, but also the X and Instagram comment section tantrums. So, here's what I can potentially speculate to be one of the highly-requested car.
  • 2005 Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren/SLR Stirling Moss (Licensing may be difficult, but idk how, 2,726 votes)
  • A variant of the Lamborghini Aventador (very likely the facelifted Aventador S or SVJ Roadster, 2,050 votes)
  • 2019 Toyota GR Yaris (2,001 votes)
  • 2024 Koenigsegg Gemera (1,932 votes)
  • 2022 Maserati MC20 (further solidifed by its appearance in a Forza Motorsport championship banner)

Back