Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 12,892 comments
The game looks really good and much much closer to the reveal trailers (outside RTGI and some diffused reflections ofcourse).
Forza-Motorsport-14-05-2024-21-30-37.jpg

Just did the Ginetta series. I don't know if the fact that it's a single car series made the AI work better, but if what I just saw is indicative of how it is now in the game in general, then wow, it's a massive improvement. Not so much a difference in pace, I was able to do a fastest lap around 1 second quicker than the max difficulty AI, but they seem so so so so so much better at driving around other cars. They still gave way to me a bit too readily when I went down the inside into a corner, no staying side by side at full speed through corners like the ACC AI can, but it's still an enormous improvement compared to prior to this update.

Just did the Ginetta series. I don't know if the fact that it's a single car series made the AI work better, but if what I just saw is indicative of how it is now in the game in general, then wow, it's a massive improvement. Not so much a difference in pace, I was able to do a fastest lap around 1 second quicker than the max difficulty AI, but they seem so so so so so much better at driving around other cars. They still gave way to me a bit too readily when I went down the inside into a corner, no staying side by side at full speed through corners like the ACC AI can, but it's still an enormous improvement compared to prior to this update.
I'm just working through the single player Corvette series, I did race 1 before the update and trailed 1st by about a sec the entire race. Did race 2 today and was 3 seconds ahead per lap, I had to check to see if it reset to the lowest level but was still at max AI. I don't know if they are more consistent but slower, but I'm pretty sure just tuning the suspension didn't make me that much faster.

Also, in other news. T10 are supposedly going to be remodelling a few of the older cars with inaccuracies that have been pointed out in the community for years. This will probably be a long process that'll take years to actually see in game, but cool they confirmed the news today.

T10 Quote:

List of cars so far they'll be attempting to remodel, according to the closed topics on the Forza Motorsport Suggestions Hub

• BMW M3 1992 (E30)
  • Dodge Viper GTS ACR ‘99
  • Ferrari 575M Maranello 2002
  • Ford Focus RS 2003
  • Mazda RX-7 1997 (FD3S)
  • Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI MR 1999
  • Nissan Silvia Spec-R 2000 (S15)
  • Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec 1993 (R32)
  • Toyota Sprinter Trueno Apex 1985 (AE86)
Now the quote from the T10 employee does seem to imply we won't see them in FM2023, but perhaps the next iteration of FM. He might be wrong or slightly uninformed (AFAIK she is just a community relations manager so not a senior management developer) but it does pose the question, how long are T10 going to support FM2023?

Since people on this forum spent months twisting themselves into knots trying to insist that Turn 10 already did remodel them from scratch even though they obviously didn't just from the trailers of the game, I wonder if this third time that Turn 10 remodel them from scratch they won't also (somehow, even though art fundamentally doesn't work that way) have identical meshes to models from Forza 3.

Last edited:

Forza Motorsport Hotfix 8.1 Release Notes – May 16, 2024

We are rolling out Hotfix 8.1 for Forza Motorsport on Xbox Series X|S and PC. This version fixes an issue that resulted in some OEM manufacturer paints appearing overly metallic.

PLEASE NOTE we are aware of an additional paint issue related to decals that we are also working on at this time but is NOT contained in this hotfix.

Version Number:

• Xbox Series X|S: 1.591.459.0
  • PC (Microsoft Store): 1.591.459.0
  • Steam: 1.591.459.0
Bug Fixes and Improvements

Cars [All Platforms]

• Fixed an issue that resulted in some OEM manufacturer paints appearing overly metallic.

I'm feeling sadistic joy at seeing the AI run off the track in fear as I do a legitimate overtake,
Revenge for all the past brake checking 😂

Regarding the Hotfix, hope they identify why (some?) xbox SX users experience crashing when exiting events, and fix...

Strangely, my series S in the bedroom doesn't crash, while my X does.

Last edited:
So they moved the KTM X-Bow GT2 and Lamborghini Essenza out of Forza GT for multiplayer but not single player free play. So they’re still in the Forza GT car Division. Thanks T10!
I really dont understand their logic with this one, it should be across the board. I hate seeing these cars in the wrong divisions. And then knowing its been changed in online makes my head spin even more.

I really dont understand their logic with this one, it should be across the board. I hate seeing these cars in the wrong divisions. And then knowing its been changed in online makes my head spin even more.
The patch notes mentioned that they are planning a bigger Forza GT change, and this was just a tiny part of that. But it's a future change sadly.

Last edited:
Since people on this forum spent months twisting themselves into knots trying to insist that Turn 10 already did remodel them from scratch even though they obviously didn't just from the trailers of the game, I wonder if this third time that Turn 10 remodel them from scratch they won't also (somehow, even though art fundamentally doesn't work that way) have identical meshes to models from Forza 3.
Who was doing that? All I remember was acceptance that the models were outdated and that, to quite a few people, most were good enough anyway. The 22B was the only car people believed to be remodeled... because it was.

Back