Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Begins 17 April

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 10,841 comments
EMEA GT1 Slot #3 - 287 points lobby, Door #16

My first race of the season after missing the first 2 rounds. Didn’t really expect results anywhere close to the exhibition season with the serial nerfs that the McLaren got and my general lack of practice time.

The lobby was incrediblely quick with pole at 1:25.2, and my 1:25.8 was only enough for 10th on the grid.

0-AE0-EE48-142-C-42-DB-B8-B5-975-DA7778696.jpg

1st part of the race was mostly clean, quite a bit of defending needed with my lack of acceleration out of slow corners.

F3-D4327-F-318-F-47-DF-A632-B315-E3627-FDC.jpg

The whole field bar 1 BMW started on RM and I stayed out til lap 9 for the switch to RS. That put me down to 11th and by the time I caught up to those early pitters on worn tyres, I ran out of laps and therefore can only settle for P8, only 13s off P1.

IMG-0449.jpg

Hoping for a better next round!

What does that mean: "fixed weather" definete rain, maybe rain or no rain?
There will be rain. This Suzuka round is one we've seen twice before and after doing laps in free practice it appears to have the exact same slow-moving weather pattern as the previous runs.

The first time it appeared was the Manufacturers final at Amsterdam last August. It then turned up with a very slight rules change in an exhibition season back in September, making it Hards only rather than the Mediums/Hards combo that the GTWS finals used. The weather pattern had not changed though. It was identical to the live final.

GT1 will see it go dry > wet > dry as it's a 35 lap endurance race for us. GT2/3 will presumably have a dry start and a few laps of rain to finish off the shorter 15 lap variant.

For GT1:
  • Spoon will start getting wet on lap 10, but not enough to cause a problem for slicks. The rest of the track will remain dry.
  • On lap 11, Spoon will become too wet for slicks to run normally. It can still be done but will require caution. The rest of the track is still dry.
  • On lap 12, Spoon requires extreme caution if you're still out on slicks. The rain is now slowly spreading towards the hairpin and 130R.
  • Staying out on slicks into lap 13 is lethal and the rain will continue to move across the course over the following laps until everything is wet.

GT2/3 ran this combo in Group 3 before but is using Group 4 this time, so it might be necessary to shift those estimates one lap earlier to account for the slower cars.

Last edited:
I think GT2/GT3 folks are getting the exact same weather as GT1 folks. I ran a practice session. See the screenshots below.

Lap 10: Spoon is wet. Still doable in AWD on RH despite the wet meter being over 1/3rd. Drivability score 8/10. Rest of track dry.
1715890105529.png

Lap 11: I could not make it around the Spoon without going off track but with more caution, I could have made it around. Drivability score 5/10. Rest of track dry.
1715890324861.png

Lap 12: Dry track until the hairpin. The hairpin was wet but still drivable on RH. But I could not even make it to the spoon without going off track at 200R (the turn you see coming in the screenshot below).
1715890367149.png

So, GT2/GT3 has two strategies:
1. Take it easy on lap 10 spoon. Crawl on lap 11 spoon. Pit at end of lap 11. Faster but riskier.
2. Take it easy on lap 10 spoon. Pit at end of lap 11.

I am happy that I am possibly going to experience a partially wet track for first time in my gaming life.

I think GT2/GT3 folks are getting the exact same weather as GT1 folks. I ran a practice session. See the screenshots below.

Lap 10: Spoon is wet. Still doable in AWD on RH despite the wet meter being over 1/3rd. Drivability score 8/10. Rest of track dry.
View attachment 1356012

Lap 11: I could not make it around the Spoon without going off track but with more caution, I could have made it around. Drivability score 5/10. Rest of track dry.
View attachment 1356013

Lap 12: Dry track until the hairpin. The hairpin was wet but still drivable on RH. But I could not even make it to the spoon without going off track at 200R (the turn you see coming in the screenshot below).
View attachment 1356014

So, GT2/GT3 has two strategies:
1. Take it easy on lap 10 spoon. Crawl on lap 11 spoon. Pit at end of lap 11. Faster but riskier.
2. Take it easy on lap 10 spoon. Pit at end of lap 11.

I am happy that I am possibly going to experience a partially wet track for first time in my gaming life.
That is the exact same weather pattern we've got in GT1. That also confirms my theory about GT2/3 then, you will get it about one lap earlier than we do in GT1 due to the cars being slower.

The track dampness gauge on your lap 10 looks like my lap 11, and your lap 11 looks like my lap 12.

Last edited:
Apparently the Honda is going to do very well... not bcause I drive it but I set up a practice session tonight and altough there are only 135 Honda racers in GT2 half the grid was full of Honda's and I suspect most were in Alt Accounts.

I hate this sharade, sure I understand it: GT1 is a 90 min affair and you guys only have 3 slots and yes; group 4 IS a lot of fun and maybe there are some folks who don't like to play fair (ask any golf player about handicaps), but man... do the rest of us get our day in the sun as well?

I can't join GT1...! Make that possible for me too, and I'll shut up.

4 drivers all "C" rated doing 2:10's 2:12's in the Honda... am I really that slow (haven't checked leaderboard so genuine question) or are these guys on Alts? I dunno...

PD: no need to continue with this GT league stuff. As far as I'm concerned you can shuffle us all back together. Oh, and while your at it: please allow outside parties like Kudos to access your data again. It was so much more fun seeing and sifting through the standing/tt's and what not.

Rant finished. You can go back to your normal routine now and ignore me. I'll be over there in the corner moping around.

That is the exact same weather pattern we've got in GT1. That also confirms my theory about GT2/3 then, you will get it about one lap earlier than we do in GT1 due to the cars being slower.

The track dampness gauge on your lap 10 looks like my lap 11, and your lap 11 looks like my lap 12.
Would you advise Rain or Intermediate tyres?

Last edited:
4 drivers all "C" rated doing 2:10's 2:12's in the Honda... am I really that slow (haven't checked leaderboard so genuine question) or are these guys on Alts? I dunno...

PD: no need to continue with this GT league stuff. As far as I'm concerned you can shuffle us all back together. Oh, and while your at it: please allow outside parties like Kudos to access your data again. It was so much more fun seeing and sifting through the standing/tt's and what not.

Rant finished. You can go back to your normal routine now and ignore me. I'll be over there in the corner moping around.
There is an unfortunate issue with the leagues; there are those who want easy wins and the method is simple: say you are B level then join a daily race, create some havoc to get penalties and get yourself demoted to a lower level like C. Then sign in for the series in Gt 3 and you get in a league that is below your standard. Same for A drivers getting themselves into GT 2.
And then you might get a few easy wins. Only issue is you are not the only one there:

I had one season in Gt3 and the top was all A-level drivers (or high B) that were seconds faster then the rest. I was in a race with them and they were out of sight in no time leaving only the scraps to us mortals.
It's the same in Gt 2, the top are A level drivers that are demoted, in most cases voluntary, either to score easy wins or in some cases because of the increase in time slots that come available as Gt 1 only has three which is incnvenient to some. Others like to do Gr 4 cars too or like the shorter races.

Could partly be solved by having seperate DR/SR that are not influenced by the daily races, I think. But you will always have drivers purposely lowering their DR and / or using alternate accounts for the easy wins, same happened in GTS.

For example: I saw a mid C level driver that had about 600 races with more then 300 wins. I raced him and I can guarantee you he was much faster and not driving fair....if you got in his way he would simply shove you off.

There is an unfortunate issue with the leagues; there are those who want easy wins and the method is simple: say you are B level then join a daily race, create some havoc to get penalties and get yourself demoted to a lower level like C. Then sign in for the series in Gt 3 and you get in a league that is below your standard. Same for A drivers getting themselves into GT 2.
And then you might get a few easy wins. Only issue is you are not the only one there:

I had one season in Gt3 and the top was all A-level drivers (or high B) that were seconds faster then the rest. I was in a race with them and they were out of sight in no time leaving only the scraps to us mortals.
It's the same in Gt 2, the top are A level drivers that are demoted, in most cases voluntary, either to score easy wins or in some cases because of the increase in time slots that come available as Gt 1 only has three which is incnvenient to some. Others like to do Gr 4 cars too or like the shorter races.

Could partly be solved by having seperate DR/SR that are not influenced by the daily races, I think. But you will always have drivers purposely lowering their DR and / or using alternate accounts for the easy wins, same happened in GTS.

For example: I saw a mid C level driver that had about 600 races with more then 300 wins. I raced him and I can guarantee you he was much faster and not driving fair....if you got in his way he would simply shove you off.
Considering how there are complaints about the league setups from both sides, GT2/3 players wanting the longer races and GT1 players who don't, I'd propose switching things up entirely and half reverting back to how things were in GT Sport. Also tie in the discussions from a few pages back about the problems with the setup.

Three leagues in each championship, and signing for one immediately locks you in to that and removes the others.

GTWS Qualification
Only available if you're at 80k+ DR when a season starts. Very few timeslots per race and the most serious settings - heavy damage, long races etc.

Due to how few people should be in this per region, give the races human stewards like at the live events to prevent all the issues and drama the recent disqualifications have caused. All rounds are counted towards the final total, so no more getting a few good results early in a season then disappearing to protect your chances by artificially dropping the points available for others. If you're trying to qualify for the live events, you should damn well have to fight for it.

Endurance
Similar to the current GT1 setup, but available to everyone and with 10 timeslots per race to make it more accessible to the average player than GT1 is now. Group 3 only in Manufacturers and longer races, at least 45 minutes+.

Short
Similar to the current GT2/3 setup, but available to everyone. Mixed Group 3/4 in Manufacturers and shorter races, up to 30 minutes.

Let people pick what they want on a season-by-season basis. Busy schedule and doing the longer races will be tough, or you fancy some Group 4? Go for the Short league. Want the more intense races? Go for the Endurance league.

Considering how there are complaints about the league setups from both sides, GT2/3 players wanting the longer races and GT1 players who don't, I'd propose switching things up entirely and half reverting back to how things were in GT Sport. Also tie in the discussions from a few pages back about the problems with the setup.

Three leagues in each championship, and signing for one immediately locks you in to that and removes the others.

GTWS Qualification
Only available if you're at 80k+ DR when a season starts. Very few timeslots per race and the most serious settings - heavy damage, long races etc.

Due to how few people should be in this per region, give the races human stewards like at the live events to prevent all the issues and drama the recent disqualifications have caused. All rounds are counted towards the final total, so no more getting a few good results early in a season then disappearing to protect your chances by artificially dropping the points available for others. If you're trying to qualify for the live events, you should damn well have to fight for it.

Endurance
Similar to the current GT1 setup, but available to everyone and with 10 timeslots per race to make it more accessible to the average player than GT1 is now. Group 3 only in Manufacturers and longer races, at least 45 minutes+.

Short
Similar to the current GT2/3 setup, but available to everyone. Mixed Group 3/4 in Manufacturers and shorter races, up to 30 minutes.

Let people pick what they want on a season-by-season basis. Busy schedule and doing the longer races will be tough, or you fancy some Group 4? Go for the Short league. Want the more intense races? Go for the Endurance league.
Where do I sign :)

Last edited:
Apparently the Honda is going to do very well... not bcause I drive it but I set up a practice session tonight and altough there are only 135 Honda racers in GT2 half the grid was full of Honda's and I suspect most were in Alt Accounts.

I hate this sharade, sure I understand it: GT1 is a 90 min affair and you guys only have 3 slots and yes; group 4 IS a lot of fun and maybe there are some folks who don't like to play fair (ask any golf player about handicaps), but man... do the rest of us get our day in the sun as well?

I can't join GT1...! Make that possible for me too, and I'll shut up.

I am do Gt1 and I also Do Gt2. I sometime can not make the gt1 race but I can always make a Gt2 race.

TBH if they gave me slots every two hours though out the day especailly on saturday and a 6pm slot I would stop doing Gt2 at all. Gt1 is WAY cleaner.

I get the two hour gap consider that suzuka Gt1 race will be way over an hour in Gt1.

Not sure why endurance has to be gr3 only.

What really sucks for me, is I am A+ in gr4, but like maybe B in Gr3.

Last edited:

I agree that it is unfortunate that the system incentivizes this behavior. I would be in favor of whatever system allows people to A. race in epic races against other drivers of similar skill levels and B. have it mean something (credits, whatever). It’s clearly broken to see A and A+ level drivers in GT3 and for that matter in GT2 (there are a few).

There will be rain. ...
Damn it! I've never driven the Cayman in the wet before!
Even if i manage to do a wet practive race tonight, all rwd cars will be like dead moles compared to awd cars in a wet race on saturday!

Yesterday i had a little test run with the Cayman (in the dry of course!) and like every time before, the 2 Degners are killing me! I constantly find new ways of failing.

I've watched the lap of the fasted driver so far. He was also in a Cayman. He went thru 130R without breaking, just a little lift. I tried to copy it ... no chance!

Latest Posts

Back