Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 3,194 comments
I put SS tyres on it, otherwise stock. Won comfortably.
Same but on normal mode šŸ˜…
I didn't...needed SHs, and some tuning parts(sport clutch, sport breaks, sport suspension, the sport computer and sport silencer)
I've won the race by now, bought a racing ECU and SH tires. The car sits at 456 PP, the gap to the second place car was about 4 sec.
I think I'll try some other things tomorrow ... Thanks for your answers, guys. šŸ‘

Did the Japanese FR Cup 450 with my virtually stock Sileighty and won easily, but I tried doing the Kei Cup round with my Jimny and only got third. It especially seemed to struggle on the straights while doing especially well in the corners. Iā€™ve cleared this round before but I may give it another swing using my Honda Beat, as itā€™s much lighter despite having less power.

As for the Volvo V40 one-make, I plan to use my own V40 with some removable parts added, such as slotted brakes and a medium-RPM turbo. No widebody installed, either, or anything else from GT Auto - though I do like the look of the rear wing options - beyond a removal of the front license plate.

For the European Clubman Cup 600, Iā€™d like to try the RUF CTR 3, as Iā€™m easily able to tune it to just below that PP with nothing more than a ballast, power limiter, and some other sets of Sports Tires.

Then, for the WTC 900, I plan to use the same Mercedes-Benz CLK-LM that Iā€™ve always used for these events.

Did anyone already win the Volvo race with the stock car at hard race mode ? I can reach the podium when I put myself in "hard race mode", however I want to do better ... :confused:

Just try it once and end up 4 ,not even at podium.
I saw the replay and of first AI and was running about 2.00 plus per lap which means you need time close to 1.57 to cover the handicap in 4 laps .
My best laps was at 58's plus which means is out of my league hard mod dead stock Volvo.

Plus i was a bit allover the place šŸ˜‚ but even that wasn't enough.

Well here it is for this week:
Stock Volvo other than SS. Seems like everyone else was a modded car. lol Won by about 6 secs.
Red Bull Ring_ (7) by 2cam16, on Flickr
High Speed Ring I totally overestimated. I thought it was going to be one of those AI modded cars type of race with one running away. Entered a stock 86 with SS tires. Too easy.
High Speed Ring Reverse_ by 2cam16, on Flickr
Nordschleife was fun but dirty. My car(992) wasn't set-up for it so downforce wasn't right. Caught up to Gallo before the mini Karoussel And we had a battle through the beginning of the last lap. I had a big off and several more after from banging with him. After overtaking him it was over as I got a 17 sec. lead headed to the Dottinger Hohe where he would have had the top speed advantage.
NĆ¼rburgring Nordschleife__7 (5) by 2cam16, on Flickr
Tokyo was with my trusty Honda S but no pic as after I ended the race the game froze.
Entered the McLaren VGT for Nurburgring. No rain on radar. Was headed for a 3rd place finish. After my pit before lap 8, it started raining and that was the end of my race. Quit and I'll tackle it another day.

Did anyone already win the Volvo race with the stock car at hard race mode ? I can reach the podium when I put myself in "hard race mode", however I want to do better ... :confused:
So far the best I can get is 3rd but won't give up until I get P1. I like the way the car handles, might buy another to see how it handles once it is all dolled up.

Just had to write this as I am truly impressed with the new Volvo V40. If this drives this well in reality I may have a new car soon. I had always liked Volvo for being safe but this five door V40 is a hot hatch sleeper type car.
Have to check out the local Volvo dealership...

So far the best I can get is 3rd but won't give up until I get P1. I like the way the car handles, might buy another to see how it handles once it is all dolled up.
Yeah, got 3rd on my second try. 2.8 seconds behind 1st. I think 1st may be possible with how I drive, but Im going to need to put in a 1:56 lap, I think. Currently my fastest lap is a 1:57.642 all stock.

Edit: okay, just won with the stock Volvo. Just needed a 3rd attempt at it. Fastest lap 1:56.606. Had 3 laps in the 1:56ā€™s and the last lap was a 1:57 flat. Won by .317 seconds. Ran pretty clean up until the last lap. Got a bit dirty passing P1 and P2.

Edit 2: These are the cars I got selected for me by @Nakano219 new weekly challenge car picker:

IMG_1958.png

Race 1 at High Speed Ring: I was able to get 1st with the stock 432 Z on my first try. Not a bad car. Controls itself well on the high speed banking. Easy to pass the field through all the turns.

Race 2 at Tokyo: My best is 6th with the S660 at about 355pp. I have permanent mods done to it that canā€™t get me to stock levels. Anyway, it does not have the straight line speed to keep up. Maybe N2O is in order???

Race 3 at Red Bull Ring: The stock Volvo did eventually win with some dirty tactics on the last lap. Not that I really needed those tactics, but I just so happened to come up on the AI in the 2 tightest turns on the track and they park it hard on the racing line. I couldnā€™t afford to lose my momentum through those turns so we swapped a little paint.

Race 4 at the Ring: Best I can get is 4th in the Scirocco. I can run 8:07 in it but 3rd place is still 12 seconds ahead of me, so I would need to run 8 minutes flat. I really donā€™t think Iā€™m good enough to do that. Maybe N2O???

Race 5 at the Ring GP: only ran it once but I got 4th on a no pit strategy. Still 8 seconds behind 3rd. I think if I do the race a few more times I could get 3rd. I donā€™t think 1st is going to happen with this car in stock form.

Last edited:
Just had to write this as I am truly impressed with the new Volvo V40. If this drives this well in reality I may have a new car soon. I had always liked Volvo for being safe but this five door V40 is a hot hatch sleeper type car.
Have to check out the local Volvo dealership...
I donā€™t think itā€™s for sale in the USA.

This week's slog of a set of Weekly Challenges, at 52:00 in my slow hands with "fair-play" cars, is pretty much a dud. The 537,000 Cr. without CRBs and 730,500 Cr. with CRBs, both with the 150,000-Cr. bonus, both rank 26th of 30 in guaranteed money. Once the lengthy time is factored in, it's the worst per-hour guaranteed investment of time without CRBs and 2nd-worst with CRBs, ahead of only November 2023 Week 2 (which also featured a parts/car ticket combo). Worse, as there's a European Clubman Cup (specifically the one that introduced SuperGallo and his hot-rod Alfa Romeo Giulia GTAm), you'll need to bust the 600 PP recommendation by a fairly-substantial amount to win, especially if that Alfa starts out front.

At least the Japanese FR Challenge has a chance for new cars (in my runs, I've seen 4 that weren't there when the race debuted at game launch, though no more than 1 at a time), and a new car entered the Special Event rotation. I even managed to win that Special Event "cleanly" on normal difficulty with a stock Volvo, though it took a last-corner dive-bomb to do so.

@jrbabbitt and @OldandSlow, as best as I can determine, that Volvo is a Japan-only model, with a smaller engine than was available on the T5 in Europe.

I did a thing this evening.

Kudos' car randomiser is cool, but it's a bit fiddly sometimes and I wanted something a bit simpler and more tailored to weeklies. And I had a lot of fun with the last event generator I built, honestly it's kind of addicting when you see things coming together as you're doing web development.

So I built another one for weekly car selection.
You absolute LEGEND! This will be awesome to use for the weeklies!

Edit: this is what your randomizer chose for me. I'll have another go using all of these!

Screenshot_20240601_071129_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back