• RetroGiant • Photography Gallery • Mar 8 •

• Thread starter RetroGiant
  • 129 comments
Really love all of the sets !!
Can't pick a favorite
Love your editing style :)
Guess after watching these i'm Gonna steal my friends Xbox to shoot some pics :)

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it!

Here is a quick 3 shot update, nothing too special. Unfortunately haven't had much time to dedicate to Forza.

z3e700.jpg

z2e800.jpg

z1e800.jpg

That second shot does it for me. I love your editing, especially on the oldschool cars, makes it look like it actually came from that era. I also have that exact same paint on my z, except i have the front chin spoiler on it, it also paints the headlights in when you put the front spoiler on. Mine also has the red circle datsun emblem on the car in some areas

once more, great looking shots, being the 2nd one my favourite one. The camera is nicely set to the car, and the bright look gives a great mood 👍

And don´t you even think to quit on Forza :D

I'm ALIVE!!!!!!!
Been playing a lot of Forza lately. At level 40 something. Finally took some photos as well. Thanks again for the last batch of comments and I hope you guys enjoy these. Real mixed bag on these.

forza21e800.jpg

z1e800.jpg

z3e2800.jpg

z5e2800.jpg

z6e800.jpg

z7e800.jpg

z8e800.jpg

z10e800.jpg

z14e800.jpg

Here is a little work in progress type photo(s)
processmock800.jpg

processmockhorizontal80.jpg

I like how you showed the stages that it took to get to the final product. The lens flare(or whatever that is) looks amazing and adds so much to the photo. The final version of the vertical shot lambo is my favorite.

Cant wait to see more! Hopefully you stay a little more active, it seems the Photomode forum hasnt been to active lately.

I would say it looks dulled down, but i think thats the idea you were going for?
It looks realistic but i think the thing thats bothering me is the angle, it just seems odd.

I would say it looks dulled down, but i think thats the idea you were going for?
It looks realistic but i think the thing thats bothering me is the angle, it just seems odd.
Yea, I went for the desaturated dull, 80s feel to it. I originally only had two shots of the car, and there was a reason I didn't put them with the original update lol. I just figured I'd throw it on here just cause.

The three stage shot if a nice idea and executed very well. As usual great angles, composition etc throughout. My favourite shot would have to be the black n white McLaren shot. Really like the editing you've done to that shot 👍

Thanks Stoney! Here is a one shot preview of my upcoming update. Should will be able to throw a few on here today. Most likely a two part update.

Click for full res.

That Diablo looks really trim in the photo - you've made the turquoise work quite nicely. It's very crisp, and the palm tree provides nice relief for the background. 👍

Thanks man, I appreciate it. Here is pt. 1 of the update. The other half I'll post tomorrow. The way I edited these made the color come out more turquoise than it really was. It was honestly closer to a sky blue, but the overall feel I wanted to give these adjusted that color a bit. Also tried something crazy on the wheels. Never have really been a fan of painted wheels but I bought these and painted them and said what the heck. Surprisingly, I like them and think they fit fairly well with the car. Many static "posed" shots as it seemed this car was just meant to be shown off.

sv4e800.jpg

sv6e800.jpg

sv8e800.jpg

sv10e800.jpg

sv13e800.jpg

sv15e800.jpg

sv18e800.jpg

I am digging the Ford GT pic A LOT! A couple of the Diablo pics are good but I am not into the extreme wide angle shots. The perspective kinda ruins it for me but that's just personal taste. I get the idea for overexposing the images while adding the lens flare but again, that's just a tool I don't find exciting either. But dang, I just can't get over the Ford GT pic. It is a high key shot so the brighter exposure lends extremely well to the white car. This isn't a lot of black to throw it off which is nice. And it's just bright enough where the whites don't get too white. Perfect exposure/ editing.

Thank you guys very much for the comments and thanks Bry for the detailed input, really appreciate it! Here is the last of the Diablo shots. Hope you enjoy.

sv1e800.jpg

sv2e800.jpg

sv3e800.jpg

sv5e800.jpg

sv7e800.jpg

sv9e800.jpg

sv11e800.jpg

sv14e800.jpg

Really nice close ups, The blue on these wheels works really well. If i was to be critical i would say that even though i know you were focusing on the bull i feel alittle bit more focus on the word diablo aswell would improve if you know what i mean lol.

Love the second to last shot. Great composition and tone. Another very good set mate 👍

Guess its time for my monthly update lol. Wanted to go with a car you don't see all the time. Bumped it up to a "C" class and gave it a custom "Gun Metal" paint job. Its kind of a jack of all trades but a master of none. Enjoy.

f2e2640.jpg

f3e1640.jpg

f8e1640.jpg

f10E1640.jpg

f11e1640.jpg

f12e1640.jpg

f13e1640.jpg

f14e1640.jpg

f15e1640.jpg

f18e1640.jpg

This does it for me. Do you use all bigshots? Reason im asking is because your photos seem so detailed.

For instance, this photo, although i would like it to have more aperture the background still looks really nice.

Thanks man! Actually I have yet to take a single big shot in this game. On a handful of these I applied a sharpen filter to them, then resized them so they became a bit more crisp in their small size. I usually had the focus on 100 the whole time and then only had the aperture at like 30 or lower, despite the first shot. The focusing seems weird at times when using a higher number aperture and shutter speed, things get blurred for some reason more than they should. So its a tweaking process for me.

That car is really cool if you ask me buddy!! You have great captures indeed, with several good angles. Nice one with the 1st one specially!!
And another great thing on this update, is the colouring! I think is a "thing" that for me identifies your work.

Well done RG buddy :)

Back