GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 32,045 comments
Tonight I found magic.

I decided to play with the G70 on my Abroad account. I intended to race but it became a tuning session. I scrapped the tunes that were published and went my own way. It’s much more balanced, stable and predictable now. Can absolutely smash the throttle and it’s still composed. It took time, patience and some frustration when I went backwards but eventually I started to see consistent times in the 47.2s. Then I got it!

62nd global and faster than my prior best.
IMG_8139.jpeg

The funny thing is, I had two tunes and I couldn’t remember which one this was.

Then I thought, I wonder if the same magic would work on my main account.

I tried one tune and I improved but @newmedia_dev was still ahead of me. So I changed two settings for the other tune, the one I thought was my ultimate set up, and went out again. Second lap I got this.

33rd fastest global!! :gtpflag::D
IMG_8140.jpeg

IMG_8141.jpeg

Sorry Glenn.

Here’s the actual lap.

GT7 | DR B 24-20 QT | Getting 33rd fastest time in the world

I’m keeping my tune secret for now. It has taken me hours to work it out. I’ll post it on Sunday evening, after the Brits have gone to bed, so @newmedia_dev can’t beat me. :D:D

Last edited:
It's like everything else - if it works for you, use it. If not, don't. There have been plenty of races where I couldn't get the meta car to behave for me no matter what I did.

If I knew more about sim racing in general, I'd tell you that if you race it like [fill in the blank], then it excels. But if you try to race it like [fill in another blank], it won't cooperate. For me, it just works well with my overall style of racing. Lead foot on the gas and brakes, lots of praying and finger-crossing (makes using the wheel a challenge, but you do what you have to do!) and cursing. Especially the cursing.
I did my own - not claiming I am a tuner, but it's the one I managed to get my best time with and also be the most consistent/ in control with. If it helps anyone, great! 😊

1716016342894.png

Tonight I found magic.

I decided to play with the G70 on my Abroad account. I intended to race but it became a tuning session. I scrapped the tunes that were published and went my own way. It’s much more balanced, stable and predictable now. Can absolutely smash the throttle and it’s still composed. It took time, patience and some frustration when I went backwards but eventually I started to see consistent times in the 47.2s. Then I got it!

62nd global and faster than my prior best.
View attachment 1356386

The funny thing is, I had two tunes and I couldn’t remember which one this was.

Then I thought, I wonder if the same magic would work on my main account.

I tried one tune and I improved but @newmedia_dev was still ahead of me. So I changed two settings for the other tune, the one I thought was my ultimate set up, and went out again. Second lap I got this.

33rd fastest global!! :gtpflag::D
View attachment 1356387
View attachment 1356388
Sorry Glenn.

Here’s the actual lap.

GT7 | DR B 24-20 QT | Getting 33rd fastest time in the world

I’m keeping my tune secret for now. It has taken me hours to work it out. I’ll post it on Sunday evening, after the Brits have gone to bed, so @newmedia_dev can’t beat me. :D:D

Awesome!

Normally I'd reserve sunday evening to give it a try, but currently I'm in a bus somewhere in France on the way to our holiday destination, so no danger from my side...😆

Hmmm, thinking of it, not being at home for a week, I'd bet that next week will feature the best set of daily races ever...😬

@Barney Da Dog good to race with you tonight.
That was my first race of the week, started on pole and finished P2.

I've sent too much time tonight trying to get into the 46s at Brands but it's not going to happen, now at 1.47.014
Hope to find time this weekend to race more.
Good to meet you :)
As I can't drive the G70, I'm stuck with starting 3rd to 6th, but still managing to get a few 2nd and 3rd place finishes if I pit early and get a few clear laps. I think I could have won one race as I got a few 47.4s and .5s, but came behind a chap in an Alfa who fought tooth and nail for 2 laps before he pitted and I lost about 3 seconds to the leaders😣

Added you as a friend, but it's pushed me further to the bottom of my friends' list now 😂

Back