Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 26,186 comments
I know @Metalgear9493 already answered the question.
But i found something about Mr. Holland that i want to share with you guys.
We will understand better, why he is so fast.

I hope he doesn't mind, because it's a little bit private and he doesn't wear any clothes...

...but here it is.

The first known image of D. Holland.

View attachment 1356177
I wasn't too far off this... I was watching motor racing before I could walk.

👀 If it took someone like you that long to gold the Vettel challenge, then I don't feel so bad about never making it!

Anywho...back to Brands today. I like these loosey goosey cars. I always do better in them than any of the race cars and/or understeery vehicles. I haven't been this high up in the global standings since the Alpine at Watkins Glen (when I got dropped one spot to #51 on the final day). I may very well be looking at only my third top 100, which feels like it's been forever (#101-200 has been another story). And I know there's another couple of tenths in it.
View attachment 1356337

I fired up and took a look at my leaderboard....

This made me smile mate!, what an epic time! and so well deserved!
finally that top 100 Mojo miracle lap 😁👽
Well done mate!
There is indeed def. more time but again....it very hard to stick it all 😂😂...I know.....😂😂

I tried my best this morning but could not match your lap mate!.
I even misshifted going to 3th on T5 😳because my brain thought that was a great idea, didn't loose time on Metal but was a little shaken up by the brain error 😂😂
And my fastest second split was a 37.371 today..... but yeah.....stars.....planets...blah blah... 😂

But not to shabby and right behind you 😁😁
Tomorrow we try again 😁

1000020288.jpg

1000020289.jpg

@Dolph Drago and @Jeje6410 thx mates I will try 10 as I kept it at 1 till now. Dolph Drago thx for detailed comment I will try to keep an eye on that fine line
What do you have the TCS and the CSA set to? I'm asking because my car won't cooperate everytime I turn, it feels stiff and hard. Like the tires have a strong grip or something. I can't explain it fully. I do not like those two last turns before the final straightway to the finish line, they ruin my good laps sometimes which irks me, :irked:

I fired up and took a look at my leaderboard....

This made me smile mate!, what an epic time! and so well deserved!
finally that top 100 Mojo miracle lap 😁👽
Well done mate!
There is indeed def. more time but again....it very hard to stick it all 😂😂...I know.....😂😂

I tried my best this morning but could not match your lap mate!.
I even misshifted going to 3th on T5 😳because my brain thought that was a great idea, didn't loose time on Metal but was a little shaken up by the brain error 😂😂
And my fastest second split was a 37.371 today..... but yeah.....stars.....planets...blah blah... 😂

But not to shabby and right behind you 😁😁
Tomorrow we try again 😁

View attachment 1356417

View attachment 1356418

Likewise, amazing times for both you and @Dolph Drago 🙌🏽. I had a go last night, yeah I’m not a fan 🤣

I did however do a few more laps at Laguna Seca and think I’ve earnt my 👽 badge for this week 😁. I tried a different way of uploading the lap to YouTube this time as @NAXEHT has noticed previously; I can never seem to get the sector times to display on my replays. This time I just recorded recent gameplay and cut it to the lap; so this time it’s a POV realtime view in VR. I’ll stop moaning about FWD cars now!

IMG_6863.jpeg

I’m struggling a lot at BH. A lot of laps in but nowhere near the pace. Began to think that I’m missing an important piece in the puzzle or I just plain suck:D

Didn’t touch the controller sensivity so far. Will max it after Tidgney’s comment. But I suspect it won’t change it much.

Sub 45 guys, do you use any assists? Counter steering etc?
For me also no other than ABS, I think it's on weak.

It's indeed like @Dolph Drago says a very thin line between under and oversteer, and ofcours right on the line of oversteer is the fastest way, it realy handles bad on understeer and cost major time on the Silvia
It goes rather good on some coasting now and then, but setting up the blind high speed drifts to hit the apex is very hard.

But I think you are on wheel right?
I have no idea how it handles on a wheel 😁😂

Last edited:
I have the sensitivity always on 2 but will try higher as well. Let's see if it makes a difference.

Tried with no assists yesterday but really struggled and put CSA on. Was a bit easier to drive but kinda felt like the exits were not as smooth and I lost time.
the CSA is not going to help you on this circuit with this particular car. If you want, this Nissan is much more efficient when sliding. It slides naturally so there is no point in forcing it to stay rigid.
Try with no assist and ABS at weak and sensivity at 10. 💪💪💪💪

Last edited:
the CSA is not going to help you on this circuit with this particular car. If you want, this Nissan is much more efficient when sliding. It slides naturally so there is no point in forcing it to stay rigid.
Yeah, felt slow on exits with CSA.

Will do 💪

Now that you mention it, it does slide a lot when I'm turning and handling corners. It's a pain in the rear end taming this car, but I have to cope with it somehow like the rest of you guys.

Impudence :irked:
Age discrimination :yuck:

I'm a sub 50 guy and I don't need any assists at all. Except my rollator, my sippy cup, a bib and of course my health sandals. :lol:

Cheers
Martin

p.s.
Sorry, but if anything can be interpreted ambiguously, then I just can't help myself ...
I must do it. :banghead:
@MUC76 You changed my perspective on life with your comment mate:D:yuck:. Btw no one can help you too imo:dunce:

What do you have the TCS and the CSA set to? I'm asking because my car won't cooperate everytime I turn, it feels stiff and hard. Like the tires have a strong grip or something. I can't explain it fully. I do not like those two last turns before the final straightway to the finish line, they ruin my good laps sometimes which irks me, :irked:
I’m with no assists mate and after a lot of comment here, I’m planning not use any.

For me also no other than ABS, I think it's on weak.

It's indeed like @Dolph Drago says a very thin line between under and oversteer, and ofcours right on the line of oversteer is the fastest way, it realy handles bad on understeer and cost major time on the Silvia
It goes rather good on some coasting now and then, but setting up the blind high speed drifts to hit the apex is very hard.

But I think you are on wheel right?
I have no idea how it handles on a wheel 😁😂
Thx a lot @Gomario JSP good feedback as always. Yes I’m on a wheel and the car handles allright except I’m slow on the timer:banghead::D

Last edited:
👀 If it took someone like you that long to gold the Vettel challenge, then I don't feel so bad about never making it!
Haha ye before the pad sensitivity as I say was near on impossible.

The thread from back in the day 👀

Sorry to go slightly off topic with that, I'll stay on topic now!

Haha ye before the pad sensitivity as I say was near on impossible.

The thread from back in the day 👀

Sorry to go slightly off topic with that, I'll stay on topic now!
All well and good, but the issue we were having was trying to determine whether or not that sensitvity setting for the pad had any impact at all on wheels...thats why you were summoned! :lol:

Last edited:
I tried the new TT (see below). You have to do it, because you are a "drifting guy". Don't give us a gold! Give us a bronze while drifting the Silvia the whole lap around this track and share the lap. It would be my pleasure to watch it 🤗
I know this was to @Gorefast but challenge accepted 😉

IMG_20240518_121240.jpg

Recorded the lap from the 3 different lap camera angles (I like the last one the most)

Also uploaded with tags #drift #gtp #pcourty

I did a whole bunch of laps at Brands last night and while I got close to my PB several times, I did not beat it...and I'm still over a second off gold. I'm not so sure it's going to happen with this one. Unfortunately I'm away for the weekend and will have to start almost from scratch when I get back next week.

I know this was to @Gorefast but challenge accepted 😉

View attachment 1356460

Recorded the lap from the 3 different lap camera angles (I like the last one the most)

Also uploaded with tags #drift #gtp #pcourty

You did great!
Sorry for the late response but I had to watch the video a couple of times. It's amazing.
:bowdown:

You found the optimum between fast and cool and gave us an impressive proof of the following quotes, which should be from Keiichi Tsuchiya:
  • "I drift not because it is a quicker way around a corner, but it is the most exciting way…"
  • "Speed isn’t everything; you gotta look cool on the touge too."
Thank you mate!
Martin

By the looks of the previous timetrials it's not going to take long before you are above me on the board 😂😂
I will give my %100 for sure. But this time you and @Dolph Drago are in a galaxy little too far away to my liking:D

By the way I shaved 0.5 secs with you guy’s advices.

Controller sensivity 10 didn’t affect anything for me so I took it back to 1

Last edited:
You did great!
Sorry for the late response but I had to watch the video a couple of times. It's amazing.
:bowdown:

You found the optimum between fast and cool and gave us an impressive proof of the following quotes, which should be from Keiichi Tsuchiya:
  • "I drift not because it is a quicker way around a corner, but it is the most exciting way…"
  • "Speed isn’t everything; you gotta look cool on the touge too."
Thank you mate!
Martin
It wasn't easy, you can't use the handbrake on it so have to rely on good old weight transfer.

Also it has an open diff, so trying to keep it sideways without losing too much speed is hard.

But as the famous Jeremy Clarkson would say...

POWER!!!

(
FYI the miles I did wasn't just spent on this 🤣 I did 3 daily races before hand)

Last edited:
I got curious and want a more visual clue on just how slow we all are compare to the leader.

I did some calculation and found out for every second we are slower than the leader (for the BH TT)....we are 37.7 meters (124.4 fts) behind (according to average speed). Since gold time is 3.115 seconds slower, we are talking about 117 meters (388 fts) behind the leader....that's well over a football field length (doesn't matter which football)........

Last edited:
It wasn't easy, you can't use the handbrake on it so have to rely on good old weight transfer.

Also it has an open diff, so trying to keep it sideways without losing too much speed is hard.

But as the famous Jeremy Clarkson would say...

POWER!!!

(
FYI the miles I did wasn't just spent on this 🤣 I did 3 daily races before hand)
So, how are you doing at Brands Hatch this weekend? I'm gonna start working on it later this afternoon after I eat lunch.

we are talking about 117 meters (388 fts) behind the leader....that's well over a football field length (doesn't matter which football)........
An Association Football pitch can be up to 119 metres between the goal lines (and as little as 91 metres), but the majority are 105-110 metres. The Premier League seems to be moving to a standardised 105x68 size now.

Fun fact: the mandated minimum sideline length and maximum goal line length are the same, so you could have a square, 91x91 metre football pitch.

New test in Brands Hatch
I had a hard time getting started and getting back to my rhythm from yesterday !!!! But after several cries of annoyance 🤣🤣 I improved my time at 1'45'488 with optimal time at 1'45'375
17160408864537399301919422573357.jpg

I think I can go even lower than 1'45, like my optimal time yesterday at 1'45'144, but frankly 1'44 is unattainable for me !!!!

Well holy ****... I decided to squeeze a few more laps in at Brands this morning after making zero progress last night and lo and behold a 6/10s improvement! Maybe gold is still in play after all...

IMG_1815.JPG

Impudence :irked:
Age discrimination :yuck:

I'm a sub 50 guy and I don't need any assists at all. Except my rollator, my sippy cup, a bib and of course my health sandals. :lol:

Cheers
Martin

p.s.
Sorry, but if anything can be interpreted ambiguously, then I just can't help myself ...
I must do it. :banghead:
This geriatric can't drive without his rollator! :D

rollator.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So, how are you doing at Brands Hatch this weekend? I'm gonna start working on it later this afternoon after I eat lunch.
I haven't actually gave it a proper go, just having fun 😂

Will be giving it a quick go shortly, at least I know how the car handles now

EDIT: now in gold, was having slidey fun again and got to 1:46.990 so put CSA on weak and straight into gold with 1:46.262 on the next lap 😁

May come back to this one next weekend

I did say this one may give me the TT spark back 😉

Last edited:
Back