slipSHOTS: FM4

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 142 comments
That F40... Damn, I always had a thought, that F40 somehow looks JDMish (word?), but never really said that out loudly. Now I am proud to SHOUT, that F40 is completely JDM looking car. Thanks to this picture, this choice of wheels and even the color. Nicely done, S.

full

full

full

(click on image for full-size)
_____________________________​

Update Info: It's been a long time! I'm not particularly happy with this set, but after reading the very excellent Evo article on the same topic, and seeing the hilariously OTT Top Gear episode, I figured hey, why not? Enjoy!

S4 - I accept any and all bonus points!

RG - I'm sure you have by now, but if not, buy one! It may sound unexpected, but I think my favourite of those three is the Diablo. All the drama of the F40, but without the turbo lag and scary handling. The F50's the better track car, though.

chromatic9 - The odd blur is one of the poles that sit just outside of the track. You all need to stop pointing it out, I can't unsee it now! :lol:

NTX - Thanks buddy, I've been using the special paints a lot for the aluminium-look silvers, and just tinkered with it a bit for the F40 to make it a bit less dramatic. Seems it paid off!

Onion - Yeah yeah, I know... they will be coming :D

StoneyNUFC - Thanks Stoney, always glad to see another person with dual citizenship to both planets!

DomasRC - If it helps any, I believe the car I've taken inspiration from is/was located in Japan. I've since changed the Nismo-looking wheels back to stock though; I just wanted to paint them a bit darker for the image.

Beccosinho - Thanks Becco, I try to keep everything the same when it comes to post-game editing, so nailing down roughly similar in-game settings in FM4 compared to my GT5 settings has been the hard part here!

Last edited:
*Hovers over gavel edit button*

Nope. Not just yet. :lol:

Great work man. Really liking the reflection bit. 👍

EDIT: NO! I can no longer make empty threats!

Why are you saying you´re not happy with this set Slip?! Are you crazy!! Lol
Its so nostalgic looking!!! This shows that classic cars are alive, and they stay quite well in photos!! Very, very good work in all photos!! Wallpaper material if you ask me!! 👍

The Jaguar set is great, you have done that car justice in a big way. Also I am having a great time with this game now that I have my xbox :).

No need to review each picture individually, thus here goes a conclusion:

The latest pictures all look good. The colours are strong (but far from distracting) and I like the combination of car and location. Colour transitions on the car are smooth and the amount of noise is good. I really like how you focused on getting a good focal length (especially in the 4th picture). There is not much else to say. You did a great job and I cannot wait for the next bunch of pictures to come! 👍

full

full
full
full
full
full

full

full
full
full
full

full

(click on images for full-size)

Update Info: Please select a gear...

T-12 - Ha! :D

NTX - Something about the colours of the car, specifically its shadows, still doesn't sit right with me, even if the strong autumn colours worked out okay (for obvious enough reasons). Perhaps I'll have to get to work on some wallpapers!

ripenrun - Glad to hear you're enjoying it, I certainly have been, and it's making it much harder to decide how to spend my free time...

ImaRobot - If your competition shots are anything to go by, I'd very much like to see you taking a crack at the old cat 👍

S4 - Thanks, it's really hard to get the right focal length in the game for me, being on a limited sized TV most of the time, and the whole sliders vs exact numbers difference for aperture settings compared to GT5. Glad to know it turned out well, hope you enjoy this too!

Stoney - That was absolutely the goal, so thank you :D

RG - Well, okay, that too was also the goal :P

chromatic9 - :cheers:

Last edited:
ImaRobot - If your competition shots are anything to go by, I'd very much like to see you taking a crack at the old cat 👍
Maybe ill try it out soon. My presentation would be no were near your level.

it's really hard to get the right focal length in the game for me, being on a limited sized TV most of the time, and the whole sliders vs exact numbers difference for aperture settings compared to GT5. Glad to know it turned out well, hope you enjoy this too!
Although this is not to me, i have to say that i know exactly how you feel my tv doesnt even have an HDMI connection so man everything is so small and very hard to tell a difference on the smallest setting changes.

Im loving 1st gear btw!

Lol Love the way you've presented this set, very original. Overall another very good set, my favourties would have to be gears 2 and 6 :P

Ha very cool and awesome SlipZ. My favorite gears are definitely 3rd and 4th. The 4th pic looks quite stylish.

Really nice tone to all these. Like the livery as well. My fav is probably #6, love the houses in the background and the contrast they create.

Not fan of these drawn overfenders, but I like general feeling about these pictures. Very warm I must say. And of course, I AM jealous of 1M (got damn STi pre-order).

I long for the 1M, but I'm not feeling the livery round the front, the rest looks great but the front doesn't flow with the lines of the bodywork

Reverse would have to be my favorite shot

That whole 1M set is wonderful. My favourites are gear 2 and gear 6. :P
Gear 2 has a really nice angle, the light hits the car nicely so the front is shaded in a way that you can see the details nicely.
And gear 6 is just so vivid. The car is very bright, but it works in your favour attracting the eye away from the vivid background and onto the car. Definitely my favourite of the set, though gear 2 is a close second!

I do enjoy this set. There is no need to review the pictures seperately, though. What they have in common are interesting angles, good lighting and a really nice focal length (I know that it is a difficult for you to get it right). On top of that, the combination of car and location is nice; I especially like pictures #1, #4, #6 and the 'reverse gear' (Very nice licence plate you have, sir ;)). Oh, and the livery is just outstanding.

👍

slipshots presents
Scooter Patrick's 1968 2000GT

(click on image for full-size)

Update Info: It's been quite a while... I've been busy painting the Mill Street BrewCar, amongst others, and also got hooked into some other games that cut my time for Photomoding right down. My hunt to recreate GT liveries has uncovered a few very interesting real-life racers I didn't know about at all. I did know the 2000GT raced in real life with this livery, but I was just astounded at the looks when previously, I only knew it in GT2 form. So here it is - I downloaded this from the Storefront, you should be able to find it easily enough. Enjoy!

ImaRobot - I actually upgraded to a 32" LCD on Boxing Day, so now the computer is the one lagging behind :P

Justin - Glad you do, sir!

Stoney - I'm always looking for some interesting ways to present the images, though this time it's a bit more simple, just to be back with new content :lol:.

ripenrun - Thanks, like I said above, always like working on fun presentations!

Chromey - It is, isn't it? :sly:

RG - The houses reminded me of Amalfi from GT4, and I miss those picturesque settings. Since Positano is essentially the same idea, I figured why not use it, especially since FM4 is sort of limited in the "real life roads" department for photomode shots.

Union - Yeah, they were, and yeah, they've been removed :P

TVR - Me too, what a coincidence! ;)

DomasRC - Heh, the headache associated with my FM4 copy was, well, ridiculous, and it was just to snag the 1M. The fenders never did look quite right, so as much as I tried to make it a 2002 Turbo homage, it just didn't want to be that way.

Fezz ST - Yep, the front bumper was the other thing I've since remodelled, and until I can come up with a satisfactory design that takes in all the vents and cuts, I'll be leaving it with just the simple M colour stripe down the side :)

Apok - Thanks! FM4's Photomode always feels slightly restrictive to me, and I feel like I have trouble getting unique shots, but I hope the scenery and liveries do their best to detract from those things :)

vr6 - At least, I'm pretty sure that's your original name :P. Thanks, glad to see you around :)

S4 - Heh, the license plate is quickly spreading to all of my cars! Though I realize that might not be the most realistic :lol:

Last edited:
Im gonna wallpaper that first one :bowdown: The car and the editing gives a vintage feel and you pulled it off great.

3 lovely shots as usual but the first is fantastic. Briliant composition, perfect angle and the editing really adds to it 👍

Back