A-spec Expert Level European Hot Hatch Race: Circuito de Madrid / Reverse

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 101 comments
Won the event in my Elise and then went back to tuning the Stratos. Best finish in the Lancia is a 2nd place by half a car length. Funny thing is the total time was nearly 6 seconds faster than my winning time in the Elise. Shrug. I still suck at driving after a two year absence but I am slowly getting better.

Won the event in my Elise and then went back to tuning the Stratos. Best finish in the Lancia is a 2nd place by half a car length. Funny thing is the total time was nearly 6 seconds faster than my winning time in the Elise. Shrug. I still suck at driving after a two year absence but I am slowly getting better.
Detune your Stratos before entering the event (reduce your PP), after you enter bring your PP back up. This will give you easier opponents, normally it works.

Last edited:
If I had not already gotten Gold in the race then I might do that. As it is, I am fine with the tougher competition. It will make finally winning with the Stratos all the more sweet.

Try this tune, just lower the PP.

Lancia Stratos '73 (500PP)

Suspension:
Ride height: 95/100
Spring rate: 5.80/4.00
Dampers compression: 4/6
Dampers extension: 6/4
Anti-roll bars: 7/5
Camber angle: 0.0/0.0
Toe angle: 0.00/0.20
Brake balance: 7/2

Transmisson:
Do power upgrades first, then reset the gearbox to default, then set final gear to 5500, then set max speed to minimum
1'st: 2.879
2'nd: 2.220
3'rd: 1.770
4'th: 1.430
5'th: 1.162
Final gear: 3.150

Differential:
Initial torque: 20
Acceleration sensitivity: 20
Braking sensitivity: 60

Power:
Install stage 2 engine, sports computer, racing exhaust, isometric exhaust manifold, sports catalytic converter, and high RPM turbo, and do oilchange

Body:
install weight reduction stage 3, carbon bonnet, and window weight reduction
improve body rigidity
install a wing and set downforce to -/20
43kg ballast at -50% position

Try this tune, just lower the PP.

Lancia Stratos '73 (500PP)

Suspension:
Ride height: 95/100
Spring rate: 5.80/4.00
Dampers compression: 4/6
Dampers extension: 6/4
Anti-roll bars: 7/5
Camber angle: 0.0/0.0
Toe angle: 0.00/0.20
Brake balance: 7/2

Transmisson:
Do power upgrades first, then reset the gearbox to default, then set final gear to 5500, then set max speed to minimum
1'st: 2.879
2'nd: 2.220
3'rd: 1.770
4'th: 1.430
5'th: 1.162
Final gear: 3.150

Differential:
Initial torque: 20
Acceleration sensitivity: 20
Braking sensitivity: 60

Power:
Install stage 2 engine, sports computer, racing exhaust, isometric exhaust manifold, sports catalytic converter, and high RPM turbo, and do oilchange

Body:
install weight reduction stage 3, carbon bonnet, and window weight reduction
improve body rigidity
install a wing and set downforce to -/20
43kg ballast at -50% position

Thanks. I will compare those settings to where I am at on my tune right now the next time I get on.

Lancia Stratos '73 V.S. Megane R.S. Trophy. Tune by me. Fast lap 1:38.085. Pass for the win on lap 4 at marker 50 before Bolsa De Madrid. Winning margin 15.186

Lancia Stratos '73 V.S. Megane R.S. Trophy. Tune by me. Fast lap 1:38.085. Pass for the win on lap 4 at marker 50 before Bolsa De Madrid. Winning margin 15.186

LOL Show-off. J/K.

Nice run. Do you care to share your tune? I guess you de-tuned the Rally version.

At least mine looks better than your's. Meteor Black all over including the custom wing That I put on it. You would never know that this car is 45 years old. Your's obviously drives better than mine. I lost by a few feet at the finish line on the last lap. I think my fast lap was 1:41 and a bit of change.

I did not use the rally version with the rally lights either.

Edit: Just watched the video. You tune is a lot better behaved than mine, especially at the rear end. I am generating at least twice as much tire squeal as you are and you are getting through the corners much better than I am. A good part of that is because you are the superior driver. The rest is the chassis set-up. I must still be way off. Very nice drive. This just inspires me to get there.

Last edited:
LOL Show-off. J/K.

Nice run. Do you care to share your tune? I guess you de-tuned the Rally version.

At least mine looks better than your's. Meteor Black all over including the custom wing That I put on it. You would never know that this car is 45 years old. Your's obviously drives better than mine. I lost by a few feet at the finish line on the last lap. I think my fast lap was 1:41 and a bit of change.

I did not use the rally version with the rally lights either.

Edit: Just watched the video. You tune is a lot better behaved than mine, especially at the rear end. I am generating at least twice as much tire squeal as you are and you are getting through the corners much better than I am. A good part of that is because you are the superior driver. The rest is the chassis set-up. I must still be way off. Very nice drive. This just inspires me to get there.
@xuosz
Parts;
Aero Kit Type B
Rear Wing Standard
Other Type
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter Sports
Intake Tuning
Mid Range Turbo
All Weight Reduction
Triple Plate Clutch Kit
Wheels Inch UP 2 OZ Racing
Suspension
75/75
5.75/8.50
4/4
4/4
5/5
1.5/1.0
0.00/0.00
BB 5/6
Max Speed 137 No Other Changes To Transmission
Power Limiter 67.8
LSD
If you need anything else please let me know and I will help you.
The car is tail happy so that it is better around the turns.

Last edited:
@xuosz
Parts;
Aero Kit Type B
Rear Wing Standard
Other Type
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter Sports
Intake Tuning
Mid Range Turbo
All Weight Reduction
Triple Plate Clutch Kit
Wheels Inch UP 2 OZ Racing
Suspension
75/75
5.75/8.50
4/4
4/4
5/5
1.5/1.0
0.00/0.00
BB 5/6
Max Speed 137 No Other Changes To Transmission
Power Limiter 67.8
LSD
If you need anything else please let me know and I will help you.
The car is tail happy so that it is better around the turns.

Thanks for sharing that. Are you using any driver's aids? I tried running my rear springs that hard but found I was literally drifting all the long sweepers and the tires were screaming like a banshee. I had to soften up the rear end quite a bit to keep it under it. Also, when I quit playing GT6 in December of 2015 there was still a question of whether adding camber was beneficial and working as intended. Did that ever get fixed in the game? I have tried it with a couple different camber settings and have not noticed a huge change but then I also did the no-no of changing more than one thing at once between runs so I cannot say what effect it truly had.

I wonder how much difference there is between the rally chassis and the standard chassis. In my experience de-tuning a higher level PP car usually results in higher amount of torque available than you can get by tuning up a lower PP car of the same type. Maybe I will buy the rally version just so I can compare the tuning results side by side.

Thanks again.

Thanks for sharing that. Are you using any driver's aids? I tried running my rear springs that hard but found I was literally drifting all the long sweepers and the tires were screaming like a banshee. I had to soften up the rear end quite a bit to keep it under it. Also, when I quit playing GT6 in December of 2015 there was still a question of whether adding camber was beneficial and working as intended. Did that ever get fixed in the game? I have tried it with a couple different camber settings and have not noticed a huge change but then I also did the no-no of changing more than one thing at once between runs so I cannot say what effect it truly had.

I wonder how much difference there is between the rally chassis and the standard chassis. In my experience de-tuning a higher level PP car usually results in higher amount of torque available than you can get by tuning up a lower PP car of the same type. Maybe I will buy the rally version just so I can compare the tuning results side by side.

Thanks again.
No aids. Make straight lines out of corners by using the whole track from left to right or right to left. This set up is for the car to drift in the corners as I go faster at the corners with little tire screaming by using the transmission to slow the car down in all corners and little use of the brakes.

Last edited:
Camber is not fixed.

Thanks.

No aids. Make straight lines out of corners by using the whole track from left to right or right to left. This set up is for the car to drift in the corners as I go faster at the corners with little tire screaming buy using the transmission to slow the car down in all corners and little use of the brakes.

Thanks. I know some use the aids. I have no issue with that but I do not use them so I want to make sure that the tune is taking that into account. Thanks also for the driving tips. I am gradually getting faster but I have a long way to go. Even before the two year layoff from the game I did not have much experience on Madrid and maybe none on it in reverse so it is a little tougher for me to adjust to than a track like Trial Mountain where I have hours of practice in the past.

Thanks.

Thanks. I know some use the aids. I have no issue with that but I do not use them so I want to make sure that the tune is taking that into account. Thanks also for the driving tips. I am gradually getting faster but I have a long way to go. Even before the two year layoff from the game I did not have much experience on Madrid and maybe none on it in reverse so it is a little tougher for me to adjust to than a track like Trial Mountain where I have hours of practice in the past.
I ran the best consecutive laps with this car of all of the ones that I have posted for the Madrid track. I would love for you to win big time!!

I've been back into GT6 for a few months now after losing all my data from my last PS3, and this was probably the hardest of the Seasonals since the rally car time trial stage from the end of last year (which happened to be a great skill-builder for a rusty driver like me). Since I am short on car options, I used my Speedster to get to within around 10 seconds of the leading car, but no further luck. I came back to this with an Elise 111R on the Ghostrider tune (added a triple-plate, otherwise used it exactly as described) and it made the event way too easy. My lap times were in the 1:37's, only ran the race one time to win. I kind of want to go back and try some other cars with proper tunes to get some more challenge out of it and build up my car library a little bit before they shut us down in a few months... Anyway, thanks for the tune and easy win :)

Ciruito De Madrid 5 lap race. Ferrari 250 Berlinetta GT V.S. Golf V1 R. No aids. Tune by me. Cockpit race. Fast lap 1:38.245. P1 Golf V1 R. Pass for the win over the Golf V1 R on lap 4 at Hotel Villa Real. Winning margin 09.984.

How do you upload a video, I've tried just to record a 20 second video of my race, as it is evidence of a lapped car but it says the file is to big, yet people post entire races?

Edit.

Here is a screenshot of my replay.
Note the P1

Screenshot_20180127-210455~2.png

Last edited:
How do you upload a video, I've tried just to record a 20 second video of my race, as it is evidence of a lapped car but it says the file is to big, yet people post entire races?

Edit.

Here is a screenshot of my replay.
Note the P1

View attachment 709574
I upload to youtube and then I put the words and the link on an email and then copy and download to here.

Circuito De Madrid 5 lap race. CTR "Yellow Bird". Tune by me. No aids. Fast lap 1:38.201. Pass for the win over the Megane at Hotel De Paris on lap 4. Winning margin 11.830.

So, gentlemen, let's race, in style *adjusts monocle*
I took my time, because I wanted to put these cars together in a sigle post, why? Because these are beautiful cars, what else do yo need!
I had this spine in my ego, the Jaguar E-type. Beautiful car, but hard to maneuver. After hours of experiments, these are the results. I'm still no satisfied with it but time is running out. the fastest laps were in the low 1:40 - high 1:38, All tunes by me, except the Ferrari, which was stock.
JAGUAR E-TYPE Coupé '61 450pp
JAGUAR_ETYPE_MADRID_450pp01.jpg

The 300SL was way easier to drive, and many of the "final configuration" concepts of the E-type were applied to it and to the BMW 507. The 300SL were way easier to drive.
MERCEDES BENZ 300SL Copué '54 450pp
MERCEDES_300SL_MADRID_450pp01.jpg

This one were a little bit harder than the 300SL, I'm still wondering how I shaved one and a half seconds. The brakes were problematic.
BMW 507 '57 450pp
BMW_507_MADRID_450pp01.jpg

This was a special case. After the ASCARI seasonal, It was prefectly clear to me that the factory suspensions of most Ferraris were works of art, so to finish this collection, I drove the stock 250GT Berlinetta with a power downgrade.
FERRARI 250GT Berlinetta (STOCK downgraded) 450pp
FERRARI_250GTBerlinetta_MADRID_450pp01.jpg

After all the hours I dedicated to the previous 3 cars, specially the E-TYPE, I got this time on the Berlinetta after 2 tries, and I had to do 2 tries because I sed tears on the first one. I was really moved because of the technical achievements of the 250GT. It just felt right, by driving it I felt like I was able to comprehend how much work is behind this car, how responsive it felt, how it felt like a work of art and/or passion and/or love. I tought, many years ago, when I saw that episode of Top Gear in which James May shed tears while on the Buggatti Veyron he was acting, or at least exaggerating, and only works of art can move you to tears. Gents, how wrong I were.

The video is right here

This seasonal just keeps on giving surprises.

Last edited:
That's way fast.

Just drove a RUF 3400 stock and power reduced and tire changed.

8:45 time.

Naturally I had to try a stock Countach. 8:42 first try. Yeah, fast car.

Last edited:
Back