Cars which share the same headlights?

The 1967 Fiat 850 spider shares the glass headlamp covers with the Lamborghini Miura.
image-5-cropped-940x636.jpg
1967_Lamborghini_Miura_22337.jpg

@Tornado That licence plate, "Triumph-Fiat".

Did British Leyland and Fiat have some kind of working relationship with their American exports and dealerships?

Not sure if this counts for this thread, but I imagine plenty of us have seen recreational vehicles using passenger car lights. I wish I had photos, but I've seen a couple amusing ones. Most of them have headlights/taillights off of trucks or vans (like the Ford E-Series or Chevrolet Express), however, I've seen ones with 2004 Toyota Camry taillights turned sideways and upside down Chevrolet Impala headlights on some.
Quick mention, take a look at the taillights at this Winnebago Rialta & take a wild guess where they were taken from.
1_36825_2413431_61934677.jpg

Can you think of any other RVs that borrow lights that are from commonly seen cars & trucks?

Early 2nd gen Ford Ranger.

I always love to play the game of "guess that vehicle that those lights came from" regarding RVs. It makes sense though, rather than making their own lights, it's much easier for the RV manufacturers to either use generic lights or lights from existing vehicles. They are already approved by the DOT, they are easy to source, and generally easy to incorporate into their design. Granted, there are times where you wonder why they decided that a particular set of lights would be used, despite them having to do some weird body creases to get them to fit properly!

The three particular variants of the BRZ/FRS/86 seen in your pictures have different headlights. There's differences in the shape of the DRL, turn signal integration, the type of light used, and maybe others I'm not aware of.

For example, the first picture is a facelift Toyota 86.
Its DRLs are LEDs arranged in a relatively straight line:
258118.jpg

The next picture is a facelift BRZ. Its DRLs are also LEDs but arranged in a C-shape as per Subaru's current design language:

2017_BRZ_EXT_Low-profile-WideBody-Aerodynamic-Design.jpg

Finally, the third picture is a pre-facelift FRS, and its DRLs are just halogen bulbs in reflector housings:

147379_2014_Scion_FR-S.jpg

I appreciate that not every country mandates DRLs, but this was just an example to illustrate the fact that the lights in the cars shown in your pictures are all different.

The three particular variants of the BRZ/FRS/86 seen in your pictures have different headlights. There's differences in the shape of the DRL, turn signal integration, the type of light used, and maybe others I'm not aware of.

For example, the first picture is a facelift Toyota 86.

Its DRLs are LEDs arranged in a relatively straight line:
258118.jpg

The next picture is a facelift BRZ. Its DRLs are also LEDs but arranged in a C-shape as per Subaru's current design language:

2017_BRZ_EXT_Low-profile-WideBody-Aerodynamic-Design.jpg

Finally, the third picture is a pre-facelift FRS, and its DRLs are just halogen bulbs in reflector housings:

147379_2014_Scion_FR-S.jpg

I appreciate that not every country mandates DRLs, but this was just an example to illustrate the fact that the lights in the cars shown in your pictures are all different.
Alright, I get your point. They may not be exactly the same because of the orientation of the DRLs and indicators but aside from that, the shape of their headlights aren't that much different at all, more or less.

Moving on, if the sizes of these trucks are put aside, they have some pretty similarities not only in their headlamps but also their fascias as well.

images

images

The wide headlamps of the Mazda 787B that won in the 1990-91 Le Mans seems to be based on the Chaparral 2F. But during those times, this design is somewhat common to many race cars then.

mazda_100350232_l.jpg

Chaparral-2F-Chevrolet_7.jpg

Lol I never said they were exactly the same. What made you think that? I just mentioned that they seem to be based on that design which was common to those race cars before. Then maybe, that style came originally from that Matra race car which I've never heard before.

I had to look that up to be honest, they suit it pretty well though!
But you did look it up, and I think the willingness to do so says a great deal more than already knowing about something.

;)

And I agree with the latter completely; they actually suit a great many vehicles from a certain period. They have a sort of "OEM+" appeal--which is to say something not made by a manufacturer but made available through the dealer network as licensed accessories...despite that not actually being the case.

Okay, so this has nothing to do with lights, but it fits in with the "sharing parts" theme:

Those cars share another part that ends up being quite unfortunate.

The airbag equipped cars used the same steering wheel and airbag module as a contemporary Ford Taurus.

The Vantage was infamously and obviously just yanked from a Crown Victoria/Taurus/Fox Body, but it doesn't look like the DB7 one is the same as the Taurus one?

6815_p46_l.jpg

-7405312151031207049_12

The Vantage was infamously and obviously just yanked from a Crown Victoria/Taurus/Fox Body, but it doesn't look like the DB7 one is the same as the Taurus one?

6815_p46_l.jpg

-7405312151031207049_12
I thought this thread was supposed to only include exteriors. :lol:

Latest Posts

Back