GT 7 GEEZER CLUB

• Thread starter pmallard
  • 2,403 comments
Wtf? How does 1 manage to get a clean race bonus while improving 4 positions during the race and LOWER his DR rating? That makes absolutely no sense. The only on-track incident I was involved in during the short 10 lap group 4 daily at Brands Hatch was early on when I was solidly rear-ended in typical first and second turn traffic and lost 3 positions but hit nobody else, of which I was understandably mad at the same time I was proud that I collected up no one else and was able to continue on. The driver responsible for that incident (big surprise, smh) quit the race for a dnf. If that's why I was penalized, because the actual problem driver quit leaving penalties to dole out by PD and no one else available to serve them to; I'll say that's about the weakest excuse for a policy I've ever heard and further, if that's what I can expect as I race in faster events in GT7 I'll just quit now and make the big move to pc and iRacing, Le Mans Ultimate, and the majority of the sim racing world.
This concludes tonight's rant : PD policies and procedures. Thanks for coming out. Please return your speaker to its stand before exiting the drive-in and remember to drive home safely. Good night!

Wtf? How does 1 manage to get a clean race bonus while improving 4 positions during the race and LOWER his DR rating? That makes absolutely no sense. The only on-track incident I was involved in during the short 10 lap group 4 daily at Brands Hatch was early on when I was solidly rear-ended in typical first and second turn traffic and lost 3 positions but hit nobody else, of which I was understandably mad at the same time I was proud that I collected up no one else and was able to continue on. The driver responsible for that incident (big surprise, smh) quit the race for a dnf. If that's why I was penalized, because the actual problem driver quit leaving penalties to dole out by PD and no one else available to serve them to; I'll say that's about the weakest excuse for a policy I've ever heard and further, if that's what I can expect as I race in faster events in GT7 I'll just quit now and make the big move to pc and iRacing, Le Mans Ultimate, and the majority of the sim racing world.
This concludes tonight's rant : PD policies and procedures. Thanks for coming out. Please return your speaker to its stand before exiting the drive-in and remember to drive home safely. Good night!
Grrrr!!! I'm STILL pissed off, which my daughter delights in telling me seems much better than being pissed on. %&#*$$#@!!!!

On Sunday after our morning of racing, Richard, Markus, Cory and I had a discussion about the Stability Parameters that appear on the Setup Sheet for each car as to what it is, what affects it and what the best parameters should be. After reviewing a few cars we agreed that the ideal parameters should be for "Low Speed" 0.00 and for "High Speed" -1.00 or as close to these numbers as possible.

This coming Thursday, I have an evening of racing using the Ferrari 512 BB 1976. The parameters for the vehicle are: 580PP, Sport Tires and 2712 LBS. Everything else is optional and open parameters. So I bought a used one from the Used Cars Dealership. Tested it at the Glen and it is quite pathetic. So, one at a time, I bought options from the Tuning Shop and GT Auto and the document attached shows how I went from a Low Speed Parameters of -0.46 and High Speed Parameters of -0.37 to parameters of -0.01 and -1.00 respectively. After a few more changes to the suspension to suit my driving (these changes don't impact Stability somehow) the vehicle is now very stable. I also tested the suspension settings from Priaino and the vehicle is very stable.

This is only one car but at least I have now a better understanding of the stability parameters on the Setup sheet and what affects it.
Thank you sir, great analysis! I used your work to get my '70 Superturd to a best set of stability #'s of -0.33 low and -1.00 high and an easy 12.18 second win in this week's 1-make special event at Watkin's Glen. Better yet, it made this iconic car FUN to drive! Thanks again!

Attachments

• 20240517_022510.jpg
    20240517_022510.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240517_022139.jpg
    20240517_022139.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 7
aturday Geezer Races

Lobby opens @ 8:30 AM ET

Cars we may use

Any Gr.1 - (BoP No Tuning) - RM
Any Gr.2 - (BoP No Tuning) - RM
Any Gr.3 - (BoP No Tuning) - RM/RH
Any Gr.4 - (BoP No Tuning) - RH

PP Races - Road Cars Only -
PP < 500 - may use any Confort Tires
PP > = 500 < 700 use any Sport Tires
PP>= 700 Use Racing Hard tires

Race and Track conditions:
Weather: Sunny and Clear Day (we will try a few different formats but no rain for now)
Laps: 5 to 9 depending on track length
Grid: Stand start
Tire: consumption during race will be set @ 3x for all races.
Fuel: consumption during race will be set at 100 liters and 7x for all races.
Qualify: fastest first for every race
Penalty System: on
Boost: Strong
Slipstream: Real

1st Race
Glen Short
Laps: 7
Car - Mazda Touring Car - BoP - Tires: SS - (Brake Balance only)

2nd Race
Road Atlanta
Laps: 6
Gr.4 - BoP - Tires: RH - (Brake Balance only)

3rd Race
Le Mans
Laps: 4
Gr.2 - BoP - Tires: RM - (Brake Balance only)

4th Place chooses combo for next race

See ya there!

PS 1 - Lobby is friends only, if you are a Geezer (+60 yrs) and would like to participate, send a FR to PSN: GT-RaceAce
PS 2 - Due to the amount of work for the lobby host in GT7, a headset is requested. There will be no typing from the host with instructions.

Not sure who's hosting this evening but like yesterday, I'm unable to join the race, getting instead a "server timed out" message. The connection quality (for lack of the proper term) icon on the far lower right corner of the details button has only 2 bars, and is orange in color which by convention means the connection is weak and/or slow. Since I wasn't the only one experiencing problems joining yesterday's races, I wonder if that could be the reason why. If so, I would hope there is a workaround available.
Oh, I owe Cody an apology for the hard punt on the last lap of the race. Sorry sir. Most embarrassing!

Wednesday Night Geezer Race April 22nd

T: 3x F:3x

1st Race - Watkins Glen Long Course - 8 Laps

Car: Honda RA272 '65 Stock - 228 hp, 1098 lbs. - Tires: RH

2nd Race: Autodromo Monza - 8 laps

Car: Br 4 - 700PP - Tires RM

3rd Race: Suzuka Circuit - 8 laps

Car; Gr2 - 800PP - Tires RM

Room opens at 7:30 pm EDT , Race starts at 8:00
Open to all Geezers friends and friends of friends
Send friend request to: oldboy43

This will be my last hosting for the summer as I want to take a break and do something else on that night.
Thank you to all who came racing.

Wednesday Night Geezer Race April 22nd

T: 3x F:3x

1st Race - Watkins Glen Long Course - 8 Laps

Car: Honda RA272 '65 Stock - 228 hp, 1098 lbs. - Tires: RH

2nd Race: Autodromo Monza - 8 laps

Car: Br 4 - 700PP - Tires RM

3rd Race: Suzuka Circuit - 8 laps

Car; Gr2 - 800PP - Tires RM

Room opens at 7:30 pm EDT , Race starts at 8:00
Open to all Geezers friends and friends of friends
Send friend request to: oldboy43

This will be my last hosting for the summer as I want to take a break and do something else on that night.
Thank you to all who came racing.
Thank you, Claude for preparing the events and hosting on Wednesday.

This is only one car but at least I have now a better understanding of the stability parameters on the Setup sheet and what affects it.
I tried this with a Gr.4 car, which, as a race car, only has some parameters available. No weight reductions, restricted add-on parts, etc.

The tune that I had already suggested that the car would handle well with an original high speed value of-1.00 (it did), but going from a 15" wheel to the largest raised the low speed number a bit. With a 52/48 weight split, adding weight balanced it out a bit, but the lowest low speed value for that I got was -0.11. I would have expected downforce to make a difference, but it does not

Hey Geezers ,I want to apologize to you guys especially Luiz ,for Saturday.
I’ve Had a great time racing with the Geezers the last seven years,but Lately not so much. Unfortunately our lobbies resemble daily races rather than friends having a good time racing together.So I will not be racing or hosting lobbies for a while. Everybody take care and have fun racing tonight.

Unfortunately our lobbies resemble daily races rather than friends having a good time racing together.
I know how you feel, Al. I have been struggling with the increasing contact myself, over the past year.

As I see it, there are three major things that affect what happens during Geezer races: boost is probably the biggest because it keeps most drivers tightly together; relaxed penalties / damage; driver carelessness and dive-bombing.

A host can control the first two which is supposed to influence the last one.

aturday Geezer Races

Cars we may use

Any Gr.1 - (BoP No Tuning) - RM
Any Gr.2 - (BoP No Tuning) - RM
Any Gr.3 - (BoP No Tuning) - RM/RH
Any Gr.4 - (BoP No Tuning) - RH

PP Races - Road Cars Only -
PP < 500 - may use any Confort Tires
PP > = 500 < 700 use any Sport Tires
PP>= 700 Use Racing Hard tires

Race and Track conditions:
Weather: Sunny and Clear Day (we will try a few different formats but no rain for now)
Laps: 5 to 9 depending on track length
Grid: Stand start
Tire: consumption during race will be set @ 3x for all races.
Fuel: consumption during race will be set at 100 liters and 7x for all races.
Qualify: fastest first for every race
Penalty System: on
Boost: Strong
Slipstream: Real

1st Race
Daytona Road Track
Car - Porsche 992 - BoP - Tires: SS - (Brake Balance only)

2nd Race
Interlagos
Gr.4 - BoP - Tires: RH - (Brake Balance only)

3rd Race
Nurburg GP
Gr.3 - BoP - Tires: RM - (Brake Balance only)

4th Place chooses combo for next race (There is no choosing of PP cars during the lobby- PP races only the ones pre posted by the host - you can choose group cars or bop one make bop cars)

See ya there!

PS 1 - Lobby is for invited people ONLY. if you are a Geezer (+60 yrs) and would like to participate, ask on this thread to be a member of the club.
PS 2 - A headset is requested to participate.
PS3 - the geezer committee establishes new rules for racing, they will be posted here soon

Last edited:
There is a new party group on GT7 for Geezers only. Please do not add any friends on the list. Ask me first. The geezer lobby will be invitation only. If your name is not on the invitation list, please ask me why. Maybe i am not your friend on GT7 or I just forgot you PSN ID.

Last edited:
Was good to chat with you guys this morning. Here are a couple of pictures of my indoor trainer setup and what the Zwift app looks like. Ride about 30 miles a day, before my trip to California I rode 52 consecutive days. It’s so nice not having the weather impact rides. I’ll try to join some races next weekend.

IMG_4226.jpeg
IMG_4245.jpeg

Sunday Races
while we do not have a fixed geezer to open the room on sundays, I'll be doing that to give Cory a rest.
Here is the line up for tomorrow.

1st Race
Track - Lago Maggiore East - 6 laps
Car - 550PP - Road Car any sport tires

2nd Race
Track - Sardegna RoadTrack Layout B - 8 laps
Car - Gr.4 700 PP any race tires

3rd Race
Track - Mount Panorama - 5 laps
Car - Gr.3 750 PP any race tires

All the PP races tuning is allowed
Fuel - 4x
Tires - 3x

PS 1 - Lobby is for invited people ONLY. if you are a Geezer (+60 yrs) and would like to participate, ask on this thread to be a member of the club.
PS 2 - A headset is requested to participate.
PS3 - the geezer committee established new rules for racing, they will be posted here soon

Last edited:
Hey Geezers ,I want to apologize to you guys especially Luiz ,for Saturday.
I’ve Had a great time racing with the Geezers the last seven years,but Lately not so much. Unfortunately our lobbies resemble daily races rather than friends having a good time racing together.So I will not be racing or hosting lobbies for a while. Everybody take care and have fun racing tonight.
I apologize if some of this is because of me Al. I like racing against all of you on Wednesday’s and I try to be clean, but I do have my moments here and there. Wednesday’s are fun trying to race you in your Viper’s. 😊👍🏻

Good afternoon Geezers, as most of you already know, the Geezer committee is committed to making Geezer racing fun again and there will be some changes on how the lobbies are run and certain behavior that won’t be tolerated.
There will be a drivers meeting at 8 PM EST sharp Wednesday night to go over some of the changes in the Geezer lobbies . With that said, LET’S HAVE SOME FUN TOMORROW NIGHT !

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back