Really Radical Racing - RetiredPS4 

• Thread starter IfAndOr
  • 144 comments
In PC2 you could try adding a little deadzone to the throttle to remove the slight input. Have you calibrated the pedals lately within the game? That might help as well.

Configuration.
Settings.png

Calibration.
config.png

Hey guys, sorry I was unable to show up to the Barcelona round as well, real life got in the way again. Paul’s out of game shenanigans continue to work to great effect 😁

Will be back for the next one hopefully!

Guys, I've just watched the replay of the Turbo race, and I'd like to forfeit my points from that win. I honestly didn't have a clue that I'd destroyed the race for half the field within the first five seconds. I knew I'd made a mess of it, and just what was going on in my head I'm not sure.

@half_sourly can you make the necessary adjustments please? And, you and everyone else I scuttled have my deepest apologies.

Must have been a hell of a drive by Hartur!

Guys, I've just watched the replay of the Turbo race, and I'd like to forfeit my points from that win. I honestly didn't have a clue that I'd destroyed the race for half the field within the first five seconds. I knew I'd made a mess of it, and just what was going on in my head I'm not sure.

@half_sourly can you make the necessary adjustments please? And, you and everyone else I scuttled have my deepest apologies.

I'll do it only if @IfAndOr insists I do. Pretty sure I had a big role to play in that mess; Being on pole got me all jittery and I shifted to 2nd too early by accident and was bogged down; someone went into my back or side as a result (naturally expecting me to be going quicker) and I think that triggered much of the mess. If you still have the video, watch it from my seat and you'll see what I mean.

I'll do it only if @IfAndOr insists I do.
I'll have to take a look and report back. I did notice a bit of commotion at the start and I realised that I was much nearer the front than when I started. That didn't last for too long though!

I'll do it only if @IfAndOr insists I do. Pretty sure I had a big role to play in that mess; Being on pole got me all jittery and I shifted to 2nd too early by accident and was bogged down; someone went into my back or side as a result (naturally expecting me to be going quicker) and I think that triggered much of the mess. If you still have the video, watch it from my seat and you'll see what I mean.
It was quite an eventful start :D

From my point of view yesterday, @half_sourly had a bad start (now I know why), I pass him by the left, I see the leader apparently losing control of the car while turning right, and I have to adjust my trajectory. After that, before I could realize, I was involved in a big crash and my car had been turned upside down.

I didn't manage to save the replay (my video gallery is full), but keen to see it to check what really happened, as I wasn't sure whether I had caused some of that mess yesterday - apologies if I did.

Might've been one of those race incidents, but keen to see @IfAndOr 's take on this. :)

Last edited:
Well the 3 descriptions above sum it up pretty well really.

Getting rather excited, Half on pole got a bit bogged down and made a slightly slow start.
Zolon, in 2nd, got a good start but his car's turbo kicking in caused it to slew sideways one lane before correcting. He probably went "Whoa!"
Artur, in 3rd, pulled left to try and pass the slower Half but then in also trying to avoid the errant Zolon he caught Half a glancing blow. Both also probably said "Whoa!", or something similar. PC2's sometimes over enthusiastic contact physics then took over from here.
Half slewed to the left, rebounded off the pit wall, then came back onto the track and hit Artur. This then caused a cascade of other cars unfortunately getting involved.
João struck Half then Artur, and Beachboy struck both João and Artur. Half went from pole to last, pointing the wrong way. Artur ended up on his roof with Beachboy attacking his car. :)

Blame? Well both Half's slow start and Zolon's tail happy kick to the right had a impact, there certainly wasn't anything intensional, it was just a combination of unfortunate events.
What I will say is it's a good job the damage was only set to visual only!

I'll let everyone decide. Watch this...

Last edited:
WMD number plates seem very apt for the start of that race! I cant see how anyone could be penalised for that at our level. Im sure if that was the start of a F1 race for squllions of pounds, somebody would get the blame.

Thanks for sharing the video Paul!

Really funny to see how it happened, as I couldn’t save the file.

Seems like just any other racing incident to me. Don’t see why anyone should be penalised.

WMD number plates seem very apt for the start of that race!
:lol: Yes indeed.
Anyway I think I'll blame you for the incident. You'd dropped out and of course everyone was missing you and therefore not concentrating. ;)

Mario asked somewhere. If I remember correctly it actually stands for World of Mass Development.

Amazing pictures @half_sourly, I am a biker myself (and have been for decades) but road-only, I think it takes a lot of courage to go racing in two wheels

Tell us more about your bike. Two stroke 400 cc?

For a quick recap

Race 1 - I did ok, pole, FL and win.

Race 2 - Also ok, managed to climb up the field but couldn't find a way to overtake hartur, he put up a strong defense and I had to settle for 2nd

Race 3 - Not ok, 2nd on the grid, many incidents and 4th at the end, FL as consolation prize.

Overall, a very enjoyable, technical and challenging track, the racing was great. hartur was very impressive in the SR3 and raeggee the most effective with the Turbo so congrats to them! 👍

EDIT - Here my stream from yesterday if anyone wants to check particular moments from any of the races

Last edited:
Tell us more about your bike. Two stroke 400 cc?
The rules allowed for both - there were one or two Honda NS400Rs - but mine, as for most riders, was a Kawasaki ZXR400 four stroke. We did around 10 or 12 race weekends a year across the UK - even one in France one year. I could also use the ZXR to enter the Thunderbike races - a mixed class race; in fact the picture with 19 on the bike is from a Thunderbike race; someone else was using my preferred 9. Also did various races with other clubs; EMRA, Thundersport GB, Derby Phoenix, etc. Always tried to get to the Oulton races, because they were limited. Rich folk move into mansions in Cheshire next to a racetrack and then complain about it being noisy at weekends.
Good old days.

did you ever fall off on track
Oh yes. This one was Snetterton, when the gasket went down the long back straight leaking oil onto my rear wheel and I only found out when trying to turn into the esses...

GQwREUu4295.jpg

Last edited:
Ouch! Any injurys from that or was it more an injured bike? Expensive I'd think.

Who was taking the pictures? They are all great shots, nicely framed and in correct focus.

I'm not sure if many have noticed, but Zolon has made a new thread over HERE.

Last edited:
Just bruises and winded mostly; never broke bones thankfully. Worst one was at Cadwell where I was just out of Mansfield and approaching the chicane, when next I knew I was sitting in the medical centre trying to remember my wife's phone number. And what day it was.

It could be expensive, but a lot of the time the things that broke were the bubble screen and levers, which are not too expensive. There'd usually be damage to the fairing too, but duct tape fixed it most of the time.

There are always professional photographers at race weekends; usually 2 or 3 for BMRC events. After the race you can page through all the photos they'd taken and buy which you want.

Speaking on real life events.
This year I'm planning to go to Goodwood Revival on Saturday (not to compete, as a spectator). :D

If anyone else is planning to go, give a shout. :)

Is there room for one more on Monday? I'm finally starting to get a bit above water again
Hi there Mr Xero. 👍

It'd be good to see you on track again, there's been a few regulars missing recently so you'd be welcome to join on Monday. I'm sure there will be a free spot. You'll probably like the RS3, the RXC not so much. :)

I think I will get back to racing at in the end of July
The fast guys will miss you up front. 😉

Since it's a time of increased absence myself and Zolon are planning on running a few short tester races over the summer period. It'll give us a chance to see if the ideas work and there won't be any worries if you can't make it. Zo already has his Road B mini* series thread posted up.
*There's no Minis in road B.

Hi there Mr Xero. 👍

It'd be good to see you on track again, there's been a few regulars missing recently so you'd be welcome to join on Monday. I'm sure there will be a free spot. You'll probably like the RS3, the RXC not so much. :)
Looking forward to it. I had a few practice laps. And boy am i missing alot of speed 😂

Back