F1 '23 - General Discussion

F1® 23_20240305235952.png

F1® 23_20240306000142.png

So yeah, game is playable and I'm not stuck with the EA login errors that basically stopped me from trying the Free play weekend for F1 22 so neat (yet awkward considering this is THE first F1 game I've actually owned since....2015 (Yeah, its been THAT long).

Just from an ambiance standpoint, F1 23 feels very different from previous F1 games. Feels less like the previous titles between the menu design, the iconography and the soundtrack especially. Never thought I'd be playing a F1 game where something from Ian Livingston isn't playing in the Menus by default.

Anyone else feel the same?

Last edited:
Funny you mention that, I’m pretty sure you can toggle off the licensed music in the settings which gives you Ian Livingstone’s music for the game instead. Personally loved the earlier games with their own music scores, gave every game their own flavour and identity

Does anyone mod their game? I'm thinking of just getting a 2024 season mod since all I play is career, but I'm afraid to get banned if I click on mp or F1 World.

So I tried the Ferrari and if this is even remotely faithful to the actual car, I can see why Charles and Carlos had a hard time trying to keep up with Red Bull. It is both understeer and oversteer to the worst degree, It doesn't want to turn yet it also wants to turn around and buck me the hell off at every opportunity. I haven't been this frustrated at driving one car since the Lamborghini Veneno (Which is saying something considering I HATE that car in every game I have driven it in).

Last edited:
So I tried the Ferrari and if this even remotely faithful to the actual car, I can see why Charlies and Carlos had a hard time trying to keep up with Red Bull. It is both understeer and oversteer to the worst degree, It doesn't want to turn yet it also wants to turn around and buck me the hell off at every opportunity. I haven't been this frustrated at driving one car since the Lamborghini Veneno (Which is saying something considering I HATE that car in every game I have driven it in).
I laughed out loud as I read this. It's so true. 🤣🤣🤣

This is my main racing game and I love it, but I can't lie. MyTeam is as stale as old toast, it desperately needs a better upgrade system and ways to make money not useless after year 3. I love the handling this year and hearing that 24 is going to change the handling again, after the awful 22 and 21, makes me worried. Unless I see some major improvements to myteam, I may be skipping 24

This is my main racing game and I love it, but I can't lie. MyTeam is as stale as old toast, it desperately needs a better upgrade system and ways to make money not useless after year 3. I love the handling this year and hearing that 24 is going to change the handling again, after the awful 22 and 21, makes me worried. Unless I see some major improvements to myteam, I may be skipping 24
There's talk of overhauled career mode for '24 which I'm also keen to see. Otherwise like you I'll probably pass.

I’ll just find a 2024 season mod for F1 23 if they don’t make big changes to career.

There are a lot of things about career that need updating. They went through the trouble of getting Marc Preistley as the engineer a couple years back but they didn’t even bother to change the voice lines.

Anyone know how to turn off the driving line in Time Trial? Seems like turning it off in the menu does nothing.

1712271469892.png

Here you can see its off, but I go on track and there it is still on.

Edit: Turns out that line is apparently under "Telemetry" in Time Trial so by fully turning that off, only then is the line fully off. Odd thing but its solved so whateves. Now to see if I can even be near this Max kid...

Last edited:

I hate Miami. That is all.

Edit: Thinking more over, I hate more so how its potential is wasted. The first half is actually decent fun once you figure out the rhythm, but the second half is full of the same typical, god awful twisty stuff that is far too damn common in F1 street circuits. Its like there is some weird clause that the street circuits HAVE to have awful corners. Not even Loews corner at Monaco frustrates me the way the stupid section before the back straight does (and that's saying something considering Monaco left me often in a absolute rage everytime I approached that corner)

Last edited:
I wasn't expecting much from the f1 series, but after recently acquiring f123 on ps plus. I have found it quite a full on racing experience, after a very tricky learning start.
I think for straight up racing, the F1 series is the best out there, AI is brilliant, strategy etc. No game comes close in this aspect imo.

I think for straight up racing, the F1 series is the best out there, AI is brilliant, strategy etc. No game comes close in this aspect imo.
Yes, I am very tempted to purchase f124 after reading a preview. due to eawrc not being quite as good as I anticipated it would

A comment on an old Overtake video puts it perfectly
F1 isn’t the most realistic racing sim out there, but for pure immersion, there’s nothing else like it
It does a good job of making you feel like an F1 driver

Idk what version they use at the F1 Arcade in Boston, but I went head-to-head against my good friend there today. We raced at Monza, Silverstone, and Suzuka. Completely annihilated him, taking first in every race while he finished in the midfield, but I credit that to racing on Monza and Suzuka in Gran Turismo.

4636BEFD-5B6D-4261-A97F-20E843F995B0.jpeg

Would’ve loved to race more but they were completely booked for the rest of the day. Amazing venue!

Last edited:
Granted I only have your picture to go off, but it doesn't look like a Codemasters product (Unless its a tailor made one for this venue, but just the font and lettering is far different from F1's current branding. Either way, great job 👍

Idk what version they use at the F1 Arcade in Boston, but I went head-to-head against my good friend there today. We raced at Monza, Silverstone, and Suzuka. Completely annihilated him, taking first in every race while he finished in the midfield, but I credit that to racing on Monza and Suzuka in Gran Turismo.

View attachment 1354687

Would’ve loved to race more but they were completely booked for the rest of the day. Amazing venue!
They use rFactor 2 amazingly.

Does it make sense to purchase the f1 '24?
well if you already own f1 23, it will be very similar as there are no new tracks or driver changes (atm), tho they are talking up all new handling model, and new liveries plus some other game play changes.

If you own earlier than 23 F1 games, then probably worthwhile update - some were better than others. If you are new to the series than you could try F1 23 out at a discount likely as well (also included in the PS premium selection), but so far 24 SOUNDS like it has some nice improvements

There are some pre-order items - yawn- but best to wait and read the reviews for a while. If its anything like previous years, day 1 release will be somewhat unplayable due to bugs so a few updates will be needed before things shape up most likely. And as its bringing a fair amount of previous years code along with, lots of long term niggles will likely still be there or even come back as they have on previous patches

Trying to practice for next week's video and I am not looking forward to Monaco.

My steering input for every other circuit's corners:
20240516_223159.jpg

My steering input for Loews Corner:
20240516_223212.jpg

Haven't found anything in the settings to stop me from driving like the power steering is gone so far.

Last edited:
Back